Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+ Duo Replacement

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Duo Replacement

Ok just sold my VU here now i'm looking for a replacement (must be open source) i was looking @ the Duolabs QBox HD Mini it seems a nice box but lack off CCcam support as a server is putting me off, then there is the TM800HD still another single tuner but yet again support not too good either

Any recomendations out there / user experiances to help me along as £200 is waiting for WOS for my next purchase hehehe and its burning a hole

Mark

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    If you want something true open source with a choice of images I would look at the Solo @ £249. Although the TM-800 has really improved of late, more and more images are starting to emerge http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    lol, for your requests, I would recommend the vu duo... Not sure really why you sold it

Only other options are the vu solo, or et5000 or et9000 imo...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    lol, for your requests, I would recommend the vu duo... Not sure really why you sold it

Only other options are the vu solo, or et5000 or et9000 imo...
    ET-5000 not available in UK yet.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Can you hold out for the Vu Uno or Ultimo ? wont be long

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sivhead View Post
    Can you hold out for the Vu Uno or Ultimo ? wont be long
    Cant see the Uno being £249 and I'm pretty sure the Ultimo will be more expensive than the Duo.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

jjp2701
    go for the solo m8, very good box, i think solo is better than duo for pic quality m8, in my opinion

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I would recommend a twin tuner Qbox mini great box for a great price got mine from the site sponsor

the support it getting better now that SIF team are supporting the box now

the only warning is that you need to be competent in using linux images and ftp/telnet
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah i'm an old hat at cmd/telnet/ftp , was thinking closer to the QBox from here with the extra tuner . Sly card run ok on it ? i hope so . plus this oscam i used 1 card for all rooms is that still possible (not asking for help here lads~) just need to know if it works as both client/server lol

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    Yeah i'm an old hat at cmd/telnet/ftp , was thinking closer to the QBox from here with the extra tuner . Sly card run ok on it ? i hope so . plus this oscam i used 1 card for all rooms is that still possible (not asking for help here lads~) just need to know if it works as both client/server lol
    I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the Qbox will work as client/server using Oscam. Please remember though that card sharing can't be discussed here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Ok cheers seems i have made my mind up , one thing thou the cpu seems alot slower than the vu how responsive is the GUI is it laggy like the DM800

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts
    If u sold your duo to replace it with a qbox mini youve made a big mistake the qbox is a lot slower than vu duo although as mentioned theres is more support for it more recently but if you want to save a few quids a qbox would be ok and the other part we cannot mention isnt to bad either radar is better than oscam

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    Ok cheers seems i have made my mind up , one thing thou the cpu seems alot slower than the vu how responsive is the GUI is it laggy like the DM800
    Prob a bit like a DM800 if I'm honest. Boot time is slow, but once booted its a nice receiver. For the money I dont think you can really go wrong.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

MKD (14-04-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    boot time is slower than a duo/solo but once its setup and running its just like any other good E2 box channel zapping is a fraction slower than the duo/solo

there are plenty of good plugins/skins coolepg works great
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

MKD (14-04-11),Sicilian (14-04-11)

Title
    Thanks
    cheers m8 , just ordered one from sponsor with an extra tuner :P , i'm sure cccam will come to the unit at some point cheers for ya help peoples

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MKD For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (14-04-11)