Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Possible to reset dish possition easily?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Possible to reset dish possition easily?

Hi, With the very high winds we’ve just had here in the North East (70mph) my 1m dish has gone out of alignment. All I am able to pick up is 28e but even that has only 56% AGC. I need to ring my installer tomorrow (Monday) and hopefully it will be covered my some sort of guarantee; its only been up 4 weeks and surely it should be able to withstand high winds? Anyhow, in the mean time, is there a way of just resetting the dish via the motor or is it a job for the professional? Cheers
    1M Motorised Dish , Vu+ Duo (2TB HDD) , 70" 4K Sony Bravia TV , 7.1 Soround Sound , 8TB NAS , 200mb Internet

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    it depends on how exactly the dish has moved. for example if it has moved vertically it will need to be realigned at the dish it self, if it has moved ever so slightly horizontally you may be able to move the dish via the box using DisEqC 1.2. as for a warranty of sorts not really sure on that but i'd be exceptionally surprised if they did not charge you more to put it rite.

for the record i'm in the north east ( just outside Durham ) i had the same winds you no doubt had and my now 9 year old 1.2 meter dish i put up way back then is just as solid now as it was then. i'm not rubbing it in just saying i personally have very little faith in these so called installers as i see lots of failures like yours now adays.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yea, I thought a professional install (at £150) would be much more stable than it is atm. I’m in Middlesbrough so probably got the same winds as you. I`ll see what I can do can do with move feature of the tuner setup, see if that helps at all. If not I supose Ill have no option than to shell out more money if that’s my only option. Ill let you know how I get on
    1M Motorised Dish , Vu+ Duo (2TB HDD) , 70" 4K Sony Bravia TV , 7.1 Soround Sound , 8TB NAS , 200mb Internet

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    £150 for a install ?

blimey i'm in the wrong business.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ha, I thought it was excessive but its the average quote I got :/ Just tried the "step" setup in positioner setup and cant get a lock on 13e. the best I can get is AGC 47% and SNR 10%. So it looks like ill be emptying my wallet again, unless theres some sort of guarantee with the install. I mean, if it was anything else id bought it would come with a guarantee so i cant see why not. Anyhow, Ill see what tomorrow brings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    I was in middlesbrough 3 years for uni in laws are from there too. Ca you not get up a ladder and try a slight move left or right and see if you get a better lock?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    I hate to see a fellow North Easterner (I was born near Durham, lived in Stockton and now live in France) suffering, so here's my two penn'th.....

If you can't get a lock by moving the positioner left or right, it sounds to me like either the dish elevation has dropped, the motor latitude (and therefore the motor stub) has dropped or there's a problem with the mount. If it is any of these three I suggest it's down to the installer as I assume he put up the mount and set up the motor and dish. If you can get on the roof it might be worth checking the motor is set correctly to your latitude and that the dish is still pointing slightly up from vertical. At £150 I'd want to see some after sales service for free!!
    DrHD F15 on a 1.2M Laminas dish with a Clarke Tech Diseq motor
    58°E to 24.5°W

Vu+ Solo on a four dish multisat set up.
    15 sats, 30°W to 45°E

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sonnetpete For This Useful Post:

Tw4T (03-04-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    I was in middlesbrough 3 years for uni in laws are from there too. Ca you not get up a ladder and try a slight move left or right and see if you get a better lock?
    Cant mate, Im disabled, thats why I need to pay for anything I need doing

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    make sure you get some sort of after sales, like sonnetpete said above for £150 the entire setup should atleast work without any problems and its only been 4 weeks so they should be able to just re-align it, it wont take that much time im sure
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I think the installer should redo it if its less than 12 months old especially if he supplied the parts etc. If he doesn't speak to your trading standards people as 70MPH is not uncommon wind speeds for England.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All sorted now, the Installer came first thing this morning. I have to say the teething problems ive had with both the Box and the Dish/Motor have been sorted out very quickly with the company I bought them from. First rate after sales. Just a shame I had to for out £15 for WM27 last night when it was 1 west. At least Im good to go again now.