Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Satellite Meter

Title
    Thanks

Satellite Meter

Which is the best satellite meter which tells you which satellite the dish is currently aligned to and the current signal level on the dish.

Some links would be helpful.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    I use the horizon meter it tell me what sat i am hitting. best bit of sat kit I ever bought.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    I use the horizon meter it tell me what sat i am hitting. best bit of sat kit I ever bought.
    can u give us a spec link

[not retailer just spec]
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    maybe the same one i showed u yesterday silver or the yellow bigger version i think
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    maybe the same one i showed u yesterday silver or the yellow bigger version i think
    oh rite cool

punisher if u buy it i'll pm you my address so u can lend me it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lol will do bro, gonna need suma to guide my stupid ass when im up that dam ladder lol
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    lol will do bro, gonna need suma to guide my stupid ass when im up that dam ladder lol
    mate if u was close by i would help you out

if u need to borrow my analogue one in the mean time gimme a shout

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ill wait till i get the beez neez motor and dish and ill give you a shout, u can make a trip up from where u are n get up the ladder while i tell u if i got a signal (old analogue days haha)
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    lol i have a £10 meter and it works like a charm. just line up with 28.2 east and confirm by tuning to bbc news. do the same for 30 west on bbc world then line up to 0.8 west. if you can hit those three the rest will all fall in no problem, all without having to re-mortgage your house on a sat meter.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Punisher, you shouldn't be making invitations for people to guide your ass in open forum

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    ill wait till i get the beez neez motor and dish and ill give you a shout, u can make a trip up from where u are n get up the ladder while i tell u if i got a signal (old analogue days haha)
    reminds me of teh days with me and my dad and the pace analogue boxes

i was up on the roof and my dad was the one shouting if i got anything or not

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    reminds me of teh days with me and my dad and the pace analogue boxes

i was up on the roof and my dad was the one shouting if i got anything or not
    Still a tried and tested method. I did one in Jan for a friend using the signal test on the box worke a treat.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Punisher, you shouldn't be making invitations for people to guide your ass in open forum
    Lol is that an offer mate i was doin that at my dads for his skydish lmao it was hilarious thw whole street musta thought we went mad lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    This the type i use. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Horizon-HDSM-V...item4aa9bb3033

I have both usb and rj49 type (usb is the later type and the other uses a rj49 to coms plug).

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    This the type i use. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Horizon-HDSM-V...item4aa9bb3033

I have both usb and rj49 type (usb is the later type and the other uses a rj49 to coms plug).
    thatsba for a meter think ill get one as me mates keeping asking for help with theirs,worse thing about it is i couldnt do me own when i first put it up had to get help now all i need is for someone to hold the ladders