Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Fantastic customer support from HP.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Fantastic customer support from HP.

i'd just like to say what a fantastic customer support HP operate and how very thankful i am after dealing with them this last week.

so here goes.
    iv'e got a HP G61 laptop thats around 8 or 9 months old, and one day last week the HDD just up and died. i was pissed but i did have a spare so i popped that in and loaded windows etc and tried the HDD in a external cradle but still no luck the HDD was well and truly dead.

so along i went to and generated a support ticket, explaining my problem. a day later i receiver the following email.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting HP Customer Care.

I gather from your mail that the Hardddisk drive shipped with your HP G61-401SA Notebook PC does not get detected and inspite of that you are unable to load into the Operating System.

xxxxxxxx, I realize the importance of the issue and will make sure that I give you appropriate information.

Causes: HDD not seated properly, connectors faulty, harddrive faulty

I request you to please perform the steps below in order to isolate the cause to the harddrive.

Perform a harddrive reseat & harddrive self test
    i then replied that i had performed the tasks asked of me and replied that the drive was still not working to which i received the following email a day later.

Hi xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for replying with the requested details.

I understand that you have reseated the hard drive and the issue still persists.

xxxxxxxx, I am glad to assist you further.

As the issue with your notebook still persists even after reseating the hard drive, it seems to be a hardware issue. I have initiated the hard drive shipment to the given address. I will follow up on this case to provide you the order confirmation. We would like to know if you have created the recovery disc for your notebook to reinstall the operating system.

I request your patience in the meantime.

We look forward to your response.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

Have a nice day ahead!

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our website at: http://www.hp.co.uk/diagnostics

Sincerely,

Neil
    HP Customer Care
    now as i'm a honest bloke i replied to this email telling neil that i did not require a re-installation disc as i had a copy of the o/s for the laptop. but to my surprise i not only received a new HDD through the post but a full copy of windows 7 x64 to go with it.

so after only 2 emails my problem was sorted very satisfactorily and i'm once again a verry happy bunny.

so i thank you neil from HP customer support for a job well done and i'm damn sure when i come to replace this laptop in 8 to 9 months i'll be going for another HP.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    and you were nice as well

but I am not surprised that HP came through for you, they are a very good company
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Top service there Pheonix, think I'll consider a HP PC/lappie next time im in the market for one.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable