Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ compatible PC-applications

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts

VU+ compatible PC-applications

In this thread I will try to give an overview on applications that work fine with the VU+. I tested them all myself, but as I only have a DUO the results with the Solo might be different (not likely, but possible).
    Of course an overview must be kept actual: program and driver-updates can change the status. In the first topic I will try to keep things up-to-date, but please: do help.
    Answers could be used for questions/discussion/elaborations.

Oh, I almost forgot: as I only have Windos-PC's, additions for Mac & Linux are very welcome.

A- Working fine

1. VuUtils vs 1.01: Flash the box via network and serial-cable. Useful if for some reason the USB-upgrade does not work.
    2. Putty vs 0.60 (32/64bit): TelNet/SSH client.
    3. Dreambox Control Center E2 vs 1.20: all kinds of communication with the box.
    4. DreamboxManagerSuite E2 vs 1.0.0.3: web-interface for watching TV and recordings, including EPG and making/changing timers. Needs VLC to be installed.
    5. Dreamset vs 2.34 (32/64bit): all that has to do with settings (including downloaden of settings from KingOfSat), and communication like FTP and TelNet. See hier for info and download.
    6. Van Dyke Secure CRT (32bit en 64bit: Telnet en off Secure Telnet SSH commicatie met vu+duo
    7. UltraEdit 32bit : notepad replacement with FTP functions. Files can be edited directly on the box.
    8. Crimson Editor (32bit): notepad replacement with FTP functions. Files can be edited directly on the box.
    9. Ipswitch WSFTP : FTP-client en Secure FTP communication with the box.
    10. Dreambox_E2_SatFinder a very nice signalmeter.
    11. QuickEdit vs 2.0 beta 11: a number of useful functions including a handy signalmeter.
    12. e2skinner2: a program to make/edit skins. See here for download and info.
    13. Dream Skin Studio: also for making skins.
    14. Dream Logo Generator: an easy way to transform jpegs (1280 x 720) to logo's.
    15. OneStep Satfinder Pro Vs 0.7: presents signalvalues, allows zapping, presents TV-picture. See here for info.
    16. DreamBoxEdit-IHAD edition: a settingseditor that is a further development of DreamBoxEdit 3.0.0.0 (currently version 4.0.1.2).
    17. Bouquet Editor Suite Vs 1.11a. Again a settingseditor. For info and download see here.
    18. ZapDreamBox: stream to your PC, home and elsewhere.
    19. Imagine DreamboxToolbox: a compilation of applications. Download via here
    20. EnigmEdit: a useful settingeditor. For download see here
    21. KingOfSat in XML: a useful program to get data from KingOfSat into DreamBoxEdit. For details and download see here

B For the Mac
    1. iDreamX2: a combination with much functionality. See here for info.
    2. DreamBox Edit MacOSX-Beta (download here (35Mb).

C ot working properly
    1. ESM (Enigma Signal Meter) vs 0.004-0.006: signalmeter for the laptop. Does not connect.
    2. DreamStream E2, div beta versies: webinterface for watching TV and recordings. On several computers very difficult to run properly.
    3. DBTimerDeLuxe TV Edition vs 7.0
    4. DreamTSman vs 2.3.0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 20-03-11 at 10:48.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (20-03-11),Blacklaird (09-08-12),cwebb66 (03-04-14),delahzo (25-03-11),Doctor Who (22-03-12),FuManchu (20-03-11),hamleh (10-05-12),JimVmax (15-09-15),jonesmvix (20-05-11),junzo (31-08-12),lammy1961 (20-03-11),walid2010 (10-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    idreamx-v2.6.0.0 can also be found here
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6987-iDreamX-v2.6.0.0-(-bouquet-editor-and-more-for-mac-s)&highlight=idreamx
    below apps for windows

dreamboxedit here
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5437-DreamBoxEdit-IHAD-Edition-4.0.1.2
    opendbedit
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6495-openDBedit-v3.0.6
    enigmedit
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6494-EnigmEdit-v1.3.8
    dreamset
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4714-Dreamset-Editorv2.32
    Last edited by Larry-G; 20-03-11 at 10:57.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-03-11),delahzo (25-03-11),FuManchu (20-03-11),lammy1961 (20-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    i got really excited wen i saw ESM (Enigma Signal Meter) vs 0.007 is working with vu solo
    it also has sound support which i really needed.
    just wanted to let others know.but you must change your password if it is blanc
    my image is blackhole 1.4.6
    ESM.zip