Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All in one remote control?

Title
    Thanks
    I've got a Logitech Harmony One, work smoothly out of first configuration with my devices: Gigablue HD Quad, Samsung 37" Lcd, Xbox360, Panasonic 5.1 HT.
    Other remotes are now inside the drawer.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 30-07-13 at 10:27. Reason: corrected name

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have a 300 ideal for a house full of kids as taked abuse well and if they do break it, only a few quid to replace

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Having just noticed that one of our Vix ß testers is using (has?) 5 Harmony remotes, I wondered how many of you guy's have looked at the Roomie Remote? Could be cheaper and more versatile than multiple Harmony's
    Runs as an Ipad app and can control any number of devices via their IP address (for E2 receivers as Dreambox) and with some additional hardware almost any IR device.
    With sat receivers you get a virtual keyboard, program listings of your choice for most Western countries and the ability to obtain information on specific upcoming programs.

Providing everything is on your LAN can operate devices on any floor

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    For commanding a LAN-connected STB there are multiple free apps.
    But that far from a universal R/C.
    Big advantage of the Harmony's is that they are 'activity'' driven. So e.g. any sound-commands go to the amp, and zapping to the STB.
    And starting an activity, e.g. 'watch TV' (activating STB, AMP & TV), is a one-button command.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can have LIRC on a Pi. I got stuck on installing nodejs otherwise you can have a universal remote including activities.

Code:
    http://alexba.in/blog/2014/08/10/lirc-web-v0-0-8/

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    For commanding a LAN-connected STB there are multiple free apps.
    But that far from a universal R/C.
    Big advantage of the Harmony's is that they are 'activity'' driven. So e.g. any sound-commands go to the amp, and zapping to the STB.
    And starting an activity, e.g. 'watch TV' (activating STB, AMP & TV), is a one-button command.
    Roomie remote is also Activity driven.
    E.g. I can switch the Onkyo amp input to Sky or E2 receiver, powering up or down both Sat receivers and the TV or switch to say Sonos or Apple TV with their respective amplier inputs and TV requirements with activity buttons
    Also being able to see the respective EPG (in my case German or UK) and find out program information via the Roomie Remote app without having to disturb the current TV program is great.

darucla23
    I have been through a lot of remotes, starting with an Onkyo back in the mid-80s which I believe may have been the first universal device. My first programmable unit was a Microsoft/Harman Kardon T1000, bought at a car boot sale for £20. Since then, I have had numerous Harmonies, including 300, 525. 600 and 1000. Currently I have a Harmony Ultimate in the main system (15 devices), and the cheaper Harmony Smart Control hub system in the bedroom. Both hubs receive WiFi from the remotes and resend as IR (huge coverage) and can be operated from an Android or iphone OS.

The Ultimate is the best I have used. Although, as the coloured buttons are at the bottom of the unit, the Miraclebox's heavy use of Green for OK is awkward. I need to reallocate some stuff I think.

Title
    Thanks
    I did have an old Nevo SL and a Pronto TSU9400 given to me by customers.
    I know havea Control4 SR250 and a HC250 controlling a Yammy receiver, Sony bluray, 2x TVs(bed+Lounge) Quad+, XBMC(PC), and a 4x2 HDMI matrix.
    Works a treat and the best bit is my Mrs can use it!!!!
    Last edited by Donkeyface; 25-11-14 at 00:18.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12