Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had enough of Virginmedia 50mb service!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    its not actually that bad, yeh the netgear firmware for virginmedia is pants and limited, but it gives you the full speed hardwired and wireless. the settings on the router need changing completely to allow this to happen which most people arent aware of, but once changed they tend to fix issues with connectivity and intermittent connection and speed issues. I will have to change to it once the damn 100mb comes but by then hopefully the firmware issues would have been sorted
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wow ...i wish i knew what you guys were talking about ....a surely you all missed a decimal point out when quoteing speeds ? ... back to my aledged 8mb !!! LOL

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Just done a speed test, now upto 30mb download. Gonna give them a call tomorrow to try and find out a bit more.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Just done a speed test, now upto 30mb download. Gonna give them a call tomorrow to try and find out a bit more.
    i would kill for those speeds,

no i mean it who do you want me to kill for those speeds.lol
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    For me the Virgin superhub is the only reason not to go 100mb, for me only unless I can use it bridged otherwise i'll be steering clear, any router on my setup has to run tomato, THE best router f/w bar none.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the superhub will be coming with a "modem only" option so you can use your own router and just have the superhub as a modem. most people do that now already by just disabling all wireless functionality and using it as a modem, but there will be an option soon that will make it completely modem only
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

7. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

bassethound (15-04-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i would kill for those speeds,

no i mean it who do you want me to kill for those speeds.lol
    i can name one and its not the highlands either

just a little further east wards lol
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    the superhub will be coming with a "modem only" option so you can use your own router and just have the superhub as a modem. most people do that now already by just disabling all wireless functionality and using it as a modem, but there will be an option soon that will make it completely modem only
    100mb is now avail in my area. Does the hub work ok with the duo via homeplugs without restricting the boxes functionality. Also is it really worth all that speed vs my current 20mb.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Superhub works with anything. Just needs configuring from the default firmware as a few buga but there are workarounds. I dont see why they would not work with homeplugs as 50mg users ive seen use homeplugs with sucess. 100mg only really for gamers, heavy downloaders and streamers although for most 20mg more than sufficient enough. U can upgrade to 30mg for free withjust a one off charge of £30 for the huband have it sent to you through thenpost ifyou dont fancy 50 or 100
    D I S C L A I M E R

11. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

buz (17-04-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Just an update. Its took Virginmedia approx four months to fix the utilization issue in my area, so that gor fixed around a month ago. Now for the last few weeks my connection has been dropping and I've had to keep re-booting router etc...So yesterday went out and bought a new belkin router which never cured anything. Tbh I thought it could be my connection. Anyway phoned them up and theres a hardware issue with the server node I'm connected too!!!!!!! For fooksake cant I have uninterrupted service for a few months!!!!! THe main thing that has really pissed me off is they're saying it wont be fixed for another fooking week, damn connection is unusable in the evenin!!!! I'm totally sick of this service
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

jjp2701
    i know what you mean sic, my virgin connection, they always say the servers are overloaded and always working on it, shocking company they are

Title
    Thanks
    considering how pants virgin is i would pay the extra and get bt affinity

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    when i used to be in a vermin area the 50mb was rock-solid

now i live in a non vermin cabled street im stuck on o2 20mb till bt affinity arrives in my town next April if they stick to there time table
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    when i used to be in a vermin area the 50mb was rock-solid

now i live in a non vermin cabled street im stuck on o2 20mb till bt affinity arrives in my town next April if they stick to there time table
    oh whats that website where u can check fibre optics timetables i keep forgetting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    oh whats that website where u can check fibre optics timetables i keep forgetting
    Here is the best site silver m8 samknows you will need the uk broadband availability link and the exchange search

Code:
    http://www.samknows.com/broadband/index.php
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

silverfox0786 (05-08-11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast