Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: British Telecom, I hate them

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts

British Telecom, I hate them

Today, I lost my cool big time

6 calls over 2 hours ( 0800 953 9090 ) I have had loads of calls from these *sols in the past, told them "I am not interested, take me off your call list", but still the calls come

I have now register,d with TPS,

any way, on the 5th call, I reacted, and told the caller, as you do not understand "not interested" FOOK OFF, and hung up

10 minutes later, another call, I informed the tw*t that 6 calls = harrasment, and I am going to see what legal action I can take,
    the responce was, you have been abusive to a member of my call centre
    I said, well give me your home number, and I will call you, inceasantly, and see how you like it, now FOOK off

what right do these backsides have, to invade my privicy??
    if i did a home visit trying to sell sommit 6 times in a day to the same house, I would either be arrested, or have the *hit kicked out of me

web site called "who calls me" there are hundreds of peeps with the same problem
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    What were they ringin u for?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Ouch... That's not on though calling constantly like that! I hate people who cold call trying to sell things constantly... I just say no thanks and hang up, and normally get no more calls thankfully... Remember another post about someone trying to leave bt (might even have been you) last summer where bt were w***ers! lol. So glad they didn't bother harrassing me when I left
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If they call me and I have time, I waste theirs, just let them carry on put phone on louder speaker and carry on with browsing, at the end say no can do or even hang up and see how they like it.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    oh i get that problem too

im registeed with the cold calling list refusal thing they got

and i get em still they even changed my number once

but then they say if it witheld number or international number clling there is nothing they can do about it as its not under thier jurisdiction

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i just tell them to fffffkkkkk off. they soon get the message.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    well the calls for now seem to have stopped

it may well of been me, that posted last summer, and its the same ongoing issue, I dumped them due to there "payment plan" which equated to over the top payments, when I dumped them, I was in credit to the tune of around £150, when I cancelled, I was told that there was a "rolling contract" which incurred a penalty of £75, I was unaware of this, but was so incensed, I told the robbing gits, that they can have the money, and cancelled anyway

since then, I have had loads of calls to reinstate them as my provider,

ignoreing the calls does not work

so I have taken to total abuse of the arsols, I would love the home numbers of these backsides, and give them a dose of there own medication

I realise they only work for, and follow orders, of BT, but the same could be said of Hitler

if I constantly bombarded private house holds with the same tack, I would be arrested

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    On a lighter side to your BT story Basil..

I was supposed to have my BT Infinity connected yesterday morning and the BT engineer was supposed to be calling at my home between 8am and 1pm yesterday..

All router and stuff had arrived by mail on Saturday as told..

1pm had passed and gone on Monday.. so i gave it another hour or there abouts and decided to give them a call to see what was happening..

I was kept on hold for about 20 mins and then BT told me that they had no record of my instalation.. Well.. i totally lost it.. i went balistic.. shouting and ranting at the call centre lady..

She went and got her manager to speak to me and after 30 mins of fighting with him.. he eventually agreed to give me 3 months free infinity.. (Happy Days)..

My infinity will now be connected tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm .. Ill bet they are here tomorrow with no issues.. lol

Still.. Im happy with my 3 free months..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (23-03-11),bassethound (23-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Nice one lol let us knw the kinda speeds u get after install done as ive got a few friends who got it and they got decent speeds on install but after a week or so it degraded to sometimes half of what they got lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Baz, next time you should do this

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (23-03-11),realbigfish (13-04-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    o this one yeah its well funny

when listing to it dont have yr kids around its rated 18 the language

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

As a heads up on this topic all companies that use telephone cold calling have to abide by set rules the major one being if you dont wish to be annoyed with such calls and you tell them clearly they must cease the call if they fail to comply you can report the company to offcom who will take action on your behalf in some cases they have revoked the company licence that allows them to cold call. So next time warn them to cease the conversation ...remove your data from there records or you will report them to offcom. if not do what silverfox did they will deffo not ring again.

regards
    satmanbasil

15. The Following User Says Thank You to satmanbasil For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (23-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks satman

common sense over rode my hatred for the theiving gits, but if they call again, I will first ask them to remove any data they hold, and to cease calling us, then i will let them have it

my view is, if enough abuse is given from all assunder, there call centre staff might sue bt for for compo