Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin Media Super Hub ...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Sorry I should have mentioned the proble is with the no local network reporting in vix 2.0 image how ever i can ftp telnet etc

regards
    satmanbasil
    my answer above yrs was in answer to exactly that

i knew what u was going on about
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    @silverfox

cheers mate for confirming that one..spend time trying to find why without any luck even changed my solo image to vti due to that problem was thinking maybe the superhub was the problem as it wasnt before i had that installed .

regards
    satmanbasil

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    @silverfox

cheers mate for confirming that one..spend time trying to find why without any luck even changed my solo image to vti due to that problem was thinking maybe the superhub was the problem as it wasnt before i had that installed .

regards
    satmanbasil
    no worries mate
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    i use virgin medias name servers in my vu duo

thats a long work around to switching the wifi off, hopefully the new firmware should have a simple on/off switch to make modem only ... (god i hope it does lol)
    There is a simple way to turn of wireless you just uncheck enable wireless
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Yeh i mean in the new firmware they are goin to a modem only option i.e turning off all wireless capabilities and services like dmz firewall mac filter etc. Thats the only way to make it modem only, no point in havin router functuanality if you it to only act as a modem lol but we'l see what happens
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Re superhub

Quote Originally Posted by Alanp View Post
    There is a simple way to turn of wireless you just uncheck enable wireless
    Hi mate

or better still just press the front lumi virgin media button which also kills the wireless

regards

satmanbasil

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there, just got my superhub installed yesterday and it works fine with ps3 and laptop but i cant get it to connect to my spiderbox, i tried all of the above but doesnt seen to work, its just says scrambled, please help, my last update was nov 15 2011, is there a later one so superhub works with it? Thanks,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Time to revive an old post......

I am now currently having problems keeping a wireless connection from laptop to VM superhub. I know its not the internet itself as my bluray and vu+ both still work (they're bot hardwired to router).

Any suggestions as this is only recently started happening
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    What operating system do you have on the PC? I get it with one PC running XP, when its booting Linux, no problems at all.

The other thing to check is what firmware the router is running. There was an issue with the wireless that was apparently resolved. I just use mine in Modem only mode with it connected to a proper router
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    the superhub is possibly the router ever invented in the universe do your self a favor and get yourself a separate wireless router just use Google and you will see numerous complaints
    Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Latest OpenVix Found Here

Latest E2 Settings Can Be Found Herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12