Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Media Super Hub ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

VM Super Hub ...

If anyone is having speed issues/intermittent connection issues with the new vimsuperhubs then give me a shout in this topic and i will help out. we have managed to find a few work arounds till new firmware is released on the superhubs
    Last edited by punisher; 10-03-11 at 22:44.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

cypchris (11-03-11),pooface (10-03-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I hate the damn Super Hub.....Made them give me seprate modem and router.... s
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    hi , unfortunetly i have the superhub and as soon aas i connect it to my receiver it starts cutting out every few seconds. cannot get a picture for more than 30 seconds before the steady light on the hub disappears .
    any advice would be greatly appreciated
    mickey

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok, theres a few work arounds

1. Login into routers config page 192.168.0.1
    2. Click Wireless Network Settings.
    3. Near the bottom of the screen, click Manually select wireless channel, and then choose a channel from the Wireless Channel drop-down menu, i used 10
    4. Change wireless band settings to 2.4GHz
    5. If you go into advanced settings, change the speed from 300mbps to 145mbps, this has fixed so many speed and connection issues
    6. Also in the services tab, disabled IP flood detection and disable the firewall, save all settings, reboot if you need to and so far 99% of issues have been solved by making these changes

not sure why but apparently a firmware update in the near future fixes this
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Alanp (11-03-11),bassethound (11-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    ok, theres a few work arounds

not sure why but apparently a firmware update in the near future fixes this
    well where is it then getting to many pissed of customers
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lol in the future no idea when but the new firmware will allow you to use it as modem only, so you can switch off wireless capabilities, but those fixes i gave above are a workaround the connectivity issues
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    lol in the future no idea when but the new firmware will allow you to use it as modem only, so you can switch off wireless capabilities, but those fixes i gave above are a workaround the connectivity issues
    for me mate its not a bother i dont have virgin and untill its sorted wont be signing up

uniuk2000
    Look for the new firmware in the 2nd quarter (April - June)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i was lucky enough to get rid of my superhub and stick to my modem and router lol prefer it as it allows a bit more customisation than the super hub, but the future plans of the super hub do look promising, just going to wait on it and then upgrade. But when 100mb comes out imma need to upgrade ayway cuz i wont have a choice lol but ill cross that road when it comes
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    ill cross that road when it comes
    dont get run over

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

If you check out google there are already instructions on how to do this

this is what i found

How to use your own router with a Virgin media Hub/Superhub

So here's how.

1. Plug your router’s WAN port into any of the LAN ports on the Hub/Superhub.

2. Plug your PC into any Hub/Superhub LAN port and access the management page by entering 192.168.0.1 into your web browser.

3. Login to the Hub/Superhub the username/password details are on a sticker underneath or on the side of your hub.

4. On the LAN IP page examine the DHCP lease info; you should see your PC and the second router listed, make a note of the MAC address of the router and add it to the DHCP reservation section and give the second router an IP address of 192.168.0.10.

5. Now go to the DMZ host page on the Hub/Superhub and enter the same IP address of the second router (e.g. 192.168.0.10).

6. Turn off the Hub/Superhub wireless functionality and firewall as this will let your second router provide it instead.

7. Reboot the second router by powering it off wait at least 60 seconds before powering back on again.

8. Plug your PC into the second router, login to the second router and set the following :

In router’s WAN setup for "Does your Internet connection require a login" set to NO, (this may also be known as Internet Connection type - "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" as it varies from router to router) and then you should see the WAN or internet as 192.168.0.10.

Connect your wired devices to the second router reboot once more and you should be good to go.

While im here can you guys with superhub please confirm do you have in your vu network setup the ip for the two name servers which i checked are virgin media im asking as in my last config i just had the ip of the router with no name servers.

regards
    satmanbasil

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i use virgin medias name servers in my vu duo

thats a long work around to switching the wifi off, hopefully the new firmware should have a simple on/off switch to make modem only ... (god i hope it does lol)
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Another quick question regarding network when i run a network test i get
    green lan connection

red local network

red dchp ...... I know i disable this one

green ip

and green server

I have read somewhere this is a false reading does yours do the same? if not can you advise what u may have done i have tryed with enable dchp but no luck .

regards
    satmanbasil

Title
    Thanks
    yes mate in vix it is present as its a base pli image fault and untill pli fix it it will stay current in vix

unless andy finds a fix

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

From post above

Sorry I should have mentioned the proble is with the no local network reporting in vix 2.0 image how ever i can ftp telnet etc

regards
    satmanbasil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast