Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DM500/DM7020 - 3 Day UK EPG Without Network Mount With PLI Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts

DM500/DM7020 - 3 Day UK EPG Without Network Mount With PLI Images

This is not my work nore have i tested it but reports are it works

It is possible to have 3 days UK epg on a DM500/DM7020 without network mount by storing the data in tmp. Many people including myself believed there simply wasnt enough free space but i have tested this and it is working 100% and performance is not affected in any way, infact it works better than a mounted epg file.Below i will explain with screenshots how to do it.

First you need to select tmp as the storage area, using the remote menu go to system settings.

52725939.png

Select EPG

35140295.jpg

Select SQLite as epg data store, you will see a warning ( THIS DIRECTORY HAS NOT GOT ENOUGH SPACE ) just ignore it.

42390135.jpg

And browse to tmp for location then press green to select.

47539685.jpg

Now exit the settings menu and press yellow to bring up the plugins menu, select Dreambox EPG Config.

22076671.jpg

Select the following as in the picture,
    Package - Radio Times UK
    Time Offset - 0 Hours
    Number Of Days - 3

13863384.jpg

Now press blue and you will see the channel mapping screen, here you just need to match the channels from your bouquet in the left and right boxes, this is a pain but only has to be done once.When done press green to save.

88778780.jpg

You will now be back at the EPG config screen, press yellow and you will see the epg data being retrieved.This takes 10-15 mins but once done you will now have full working 3 day epg without the need for a mounted drive.

28741635.jpg

The only downside to storing the data in /tmp is when the box is rebooted all data is deleted, how ever this can be overcome if you ftp into your box and find the tmp folder.

tmpshot.png

Look for the EPG.DB file and copy it so should you have to reboot then you only need to ftp the file back into /tmp.

Before trying to update the guide via Radiotimes check this link HERE if you see a single line like this "In accessing this XML feed, you agree that you will only access its contents for your own personal and non-commercial use and" then it is off line and dont bother. If it is online you will see a full epg database page and then you can retrieve it via your DM500.
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (08-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I have tried this in the past i would not recommend more than 1 day as my box kept falling over and try and and use a maxvar pli image as there is more temp space
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can it not be stored on CF.