Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorised Dish Settings

Title
    Thanks

Motorised Dish Settings

What position is best for a 1M motorised dish with Diseqc 1.2 Motor?

Latitude?

Longitude?

etc

I am from the North West/Lancashire area and I want to receive satellites from 45E to 30W.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hello mate

Use dishpointer.com and input your address and this will give you the exact co-ordinates also you will be much better using the usals if your STB supports this.If you are asking whats the best position for setting the dish up then set the correct motor elevation to your co-ordinate prob 52 on the motor scale but check first, then point it due south input the co-ordinate into the box then send it to thor 1w and fine tune.if you followed everything and the pole is plumb it shoud be getting 30w 39e no problems.
    Last edited by chris76; 25-02-11 at 04:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris76 View Post
    Hello mate

Use dishpointer.com and input your address and this will give you the exact co-ordinates also you will be much better using the usals if your STB supports this.If you are asking whats the best position for setting the dish up then set the correct motor elevation to your co-ordinate prob 52 on the motor scale but check first, then point it due south input the co-ordinate into the box then send it to thor 1w and fine tune.if you followed everything and the pole is plumb it shoud be getting 30w 39e no problems.

What's the difference between DiSEqC and Usals? Which is better? (I have a Vu+ Duo)

Which is better for a 1m dish for 45e to 30w?

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    longitude and latitude are unique to you and your location. as whats best, they both work fine. i use a 1 meter dish with a DM7020 using DiSEqC 1.2 have no problems getting the satellites your after.
    in durham.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

frank (25-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    longitude and latitude are unique to you and your location. as whats best, they both work fine. i use a 1 meter dish with a DM7020 using DiSEqC 1.2 have no problems getting the satellites your after.
    in durham.
    If the dish is not aligned accurately, will diseqc be a better option (than usals)?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I don't think so the alignment is the most important thing otherwise as you move through the arc it will not lock on properly to the dish, bit like your GP being off by a few meters and sending you to the road before rather than the one after.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?