Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Releases Windows 7 SP1

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Microsoft Releases Windows 7 SP1

Microsoft announced Tuesday that Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is now available for download via the Microsoft Download Center.

Most people will get Windows 7 SP1 via Windows Update, Microsoft said. For those updating a single PC or a home PC, the company recommends that you wait for that update.

"Remember - for Windows 7, SP1 will help keep your PCs well supported by delivering ongoing updates, many of which have been made previously available through Windows Update," Microsoft said in a blog post. "It does, however, include client-side support for RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory which are two new virtualization features enabled in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1."

Microsoft released the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 to its OEM partners on February 9, and they were made available to current customers of the Windows Volume Licensing program, as well as subscribers to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) and TechNet, on February 16.

Dynamic Memory allows Windows Server Hyper-V administrators to increase virtual machine density without sacrificing performance, scalability, or security. RemoteFX allows for the virtualization of the Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) on the server side to deliver next-generation rich media and 3D user experiences for VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructures).

Code:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380743,00.asp
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    trying to update now but not letting me do it, keeps getting stuck at 67%. gonna keep trying. Dont know what im going to gain out of doing it though
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    even though ms release an update sometimes it takes time for it to propergate properly

wait till tmoz
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just completed it now, just left it and re-tried and went through fine
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    told ya lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    or you could download it manually from MS, although mine has just downloaded fine via windows update. plus i'm downloading a copy for later use with installs etc.

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3202ce6-4056-4059-8a1b-3a9b77cdfdda&displaylang=en###
    EDIT. lol guess i was too slow going by your two replies.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (24-02-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh i was just going to ignore it, but thought stop being lazy and just do it, might do some good lol although to be fair windows 7 has been pretty neat when compared to vista
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to be fair to vista i ran it since launch and i never had a problem same as ME. in fact ive never really had any issues with any version of windows

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    oh pheonix the good old ME dayts still got my legit copy in my cd wallet

ME was the one i really liked

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    oh pheonix the good old ME dayts still got my legit copy in my cd wallet

ME was the one i really liked
    same here mate. i have a legit copy of windows going back to 95 maybe even further if i look. ME was my favourite

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i still got doss floppies

and windows 3 floppies too

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    i still got doss floppies

and windows 3 floppies too
    lol i have a old laptop running windows 3 it's a piece of crap but i'll never get rid of it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    mine all went in the skip last month

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Lol i wouldnt remember windows 3 but windows me was my first computer hehe good old days with the dial up modem haha
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Don't know why you guys so nostalgic about 3.1,bloody bookcase thick floppies to load OS and win word.o

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast