Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: One motorised dish and 2 recivers.

Title
    Thanks

One motorised dish and 2 recivers.

Ok looking for some advice on set up really.Don't understand how would be best to set this up.

I have a DM8000 connected to a 1m motorised dish, now i've just brought a Blade7000 and twin LNB. What would be the best way to set these up?

If possible i'd prefer both boxes to be able to control the dish, whilst others in stand by i understand.

Hopefully we have some installers or very clever people who understand this sort of
    thing better then me.

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Not tried this here,

But I have a quattro set up, ( not to be confused with quad lnb,s ) the lnb reads Hi / Lo on vert/hoz, and you can have multi units sharing through a switch multyplexer,

its a little bit of an expencive way to go, but you can have up to 12 + units connected indepentant of each other, ideal for peeps that have a few units, or dual lnb units, ie; sky+/VU+ duo.....or ( lucky git ) db 8000

I don,t think you can control a dish with this set up, but then again, I hav,nt tried,...yet

but your primary dish could be a static, with the above set up, and the motorizrd dish with a twin lnb for your other interest,

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    to be honnest if you try controlling a single dish with two independent receivers you will end up damaging the motor and possibly the receivers as there not designed to do that.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    to be honnest if you try controlling a single dish with two independent receivers you will end up damaging the motor and possibly the receivers as there not designed to do that.
    This is my worry, so would i be better just using my DM8K to move motor and just have 2nd cable from LNB to watch what ever DM8K is set at?
    Hope this is explained ok?

I'll have 2 sat feeds going into Blade, use a A&B switcher, 1 from sky dish and cable from 1m dish.
    I'll mainly be using sky dish but every so often will need to use motorised.

Maybe i'd be better just having the sky feed to blade and forgetting the motorised dish???

Confusing myself now.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    Not tried this here,

But I have a quattro set up, ( not to be confused with quad lnb,s ) the lnb reads Hi / Lo on vert/hoz, and you can have multi units sharing through a switch multyplexer,

its a little bit of an expencive way to go, but you can have up to 12 + units connected indepentant of each other, ideal for peeps that have a few units, or dual lnb units, ie; sky+/VU+ duo.....or ( lucky git ) db 8000

I don,t think you can control a dish with this set up, but then again, I hav,nt tried,...yet

but your primary dish could be a static, with the above set up, and the motorizrd dish with a twin lnb for your other interest,

baz
    Baz, looking to set this up on the cheap really.
    I'd like to be able to watch the football locked a way in garage in piece and quiet so would need a feed from motorised.
    Maybe i was just hoping for to much? Lol.

jusaju
    Hi
    One solution is using manual a/b switch

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jusaju View Post
    Hi
    One solution is using manual a/b switch
    Will be using an A&B switcher but for sky dish and motorised to Blade.

How would i go about using a&b switcher with motorised to 2 boxes, these will be quite away from each other.
    Thought they was for 2 feeds to 1 box???