Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: In a big trouble for my new decoder

Title
    Thanks

Question In a big trouble for my new decoder

Hi all,
    as I told in my presentation thread, I didn't suspect to be flooded by tons of doubts looking for a new decoder.
    I told myself: easy task - read some forums, read some reviews - then decide.
    Unluckily it isn't so easy.
    I blame myself for this when I decided to dispose my old Humax DTT decoder and my Clarke Tech 2100 and try to buy something new.
    But let me share my thoughts.
    I'd need a box which allows me to see both satellite and terrestrial channels.
    I'd need a box which allows me to use my Medisaet Premium and Tivusat card.
    I'd like to have an HD box.
    I'd like to try a linux box but I don't have a lot of time to spend looking after the box. I can spend some time to set it up but then it should run without giving any problem.
    In somebody opinions the dreambox could satisfy my needs but the DM 800SE isn't so cheap. Does it worth it? Is it so stable and supported? Is it so fast with the new processor?
    Somebody suggests one out of the VU+ boxes which should be cheaper than the Dreambox and anyway well supported and stable. What's your feeling?
    Then there are the Qboxes... not perfectly stabilized but very interesting.
    And what about AZBoxes?
    Sorry I need some help to decide. Maybe it could be better take a decoder not-linux based but I could lost some interesting features...

Please be patient...

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Mauro

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    With the linux box you will have to periodically up date bouquets etc as the frequency changes - but life is made easier by the many good people who create them, thereafter its a 1 minute job.

As for the box, I would recommend the VU+, its cheaper than the DM800 and you can now add a USB tuner on the very good VIX image for terrestrial TV, unfortunately not HD in the UK. The box is very stable unless you are into constant tinkering and experimenting.

As for your particular cards, I dont know but there will be other members along you will be able to answer that question. A quick google does indicate it can read the TIVUSAT card

Finnally whatever box you buy, do consider the forum sponsors - you wont get a better service anywhere else on the web.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I take it that you live in italy, as far as your card goes, I do not know if the card can be read, or not, but I would expect it can be read

The VU+ would be the best unit, ( dual tuner "sats" with the possibilty of using a third usb "T" tuner )

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams