Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Open the floodgates for Premiership Football 3pm kick offs

Title
    Thanks

Open the floodgates for Premiership Football 3pm kick offs

Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12355022
    Great so we can now purchase cards from anywhere in the EU to watch premiership football legally.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sivhead For This Useful Post:

dfdream (03-02-11),Sicilian (03-02-11)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Not quite yet, thats the recommendation of the EU state lawyer it needs to be approved by the judges.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-02-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The judges rarely go against the EU state lawyer.

I will just be happy that SKY will have to stop insisting foreign channels remove the english football commentary! (cross european trade interference etc)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    if you read it again you will see the football assosiation will appeal this so dont count your chickens yet they have to change laws for this to work and yes they never go against an advocate but sly will appeal to

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if the ruling does eventually go against sky, they will pull the multi million pound settlements they pay for the rights. meaning less cash for the clubs, meaning smaller budgets for players. so dont go celebrating just yet.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Phoenix what has those multi pound deals done.
    Enticed new club owners who bring nothing only debt to clubs.
    So players can get 1/4 million a week to go mad.
    When a 20 year old with 1 cap (friendly match) is valued at £35m as the 8th most expensive player of all time in the world during a world wide recession there is is something wrong.
    And even at that the Premiership is at its worst this year.
    Dont forget what happened the italian league, loads of money flying everywhere and then it went bust.
    The high price sky paid for football suits them as it keeps the competition away and they can just raise the prices.
    Hopefully it leads to some balance.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

canthackit (26-02-11),fulabeer (04-02-11),harryoz (06-02-11),Peter (10-03-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Phoenix what has those multi pound deals done.
    Enticed new club owners who bring nothing only debt to clubs.
    So players can get 1/4 million a week to go mad.
    When a 20 year old with 1 cap (friendly match) is valued at £35m as the 8th most expensive player of all time in the world during a world wide recession there is is something wrong.
    And even at that the Premiership is at its worst this year.
    Dont forget what happened the italian league, loads of money flying everywhere and then it went bust.
    The high price sky paid for football suits them as it keeps the competition away and they can just raise the prices.
    Hopefully it leads to some balance.
    personally i could care less about football. i cant stand the sport and never could. i prefer rugby but you can not escape the fact that football revolves around money and they have had it so good for so long i very much doubt modern football could go back to the old ways in this country. i my self would like nothing more than to see the premiership sink into it's own filth if i'm being honest.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I agree.... Munster Fan here....
    But its that bloody football that drives up our subs.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I think if this law is enforced, it would be great

it will drive the money bag clubs, back to a leval playing field
    if the ozzie pulls the plug, ( wont happen ) it would be even better, as footy will be forced to get back to being football clubs
    and hopefully, although there will be strife to start with, the money bag brigade, ( owners and greedy players, along with there agents ) will have to get real, like the rest of us
    and lastly, we would have the freedom, to buy what ever sat subs we want, rather than hobsons choice

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Don't discount Murdoch the **** too early. One of the consequences is the PL will sell the rights as pan European and only a VERY limited broadcasters will be able to buy them, I hope this does not happen but who knows.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    if the ruling does eventually go against sky, they will pull the multi million pound settlements they pay for the rights. meaning less cash for the clubs, meaning smaller budgets for players. so dont go celebrating just yet.
    Less million pounds of transfer fees I think thats a good thing.

Title
    Thanks

Cool

Well I think decisions at the ECJ are binding and must be interpreted as such by domestic courts, As for appeals at this level I think like the ECHR it's a non starter but I could be wrong.

Of course the wider implecations of all this are that the most repressed censorial state in the West will loose it's strangle hold on the control over what people choose to watch in their own homes. It also means we will be able to get the full scope of choice instead of a halfwit channel like Sky Atlantic. We will be able to take advantage of the full HBO line up including Ondemand, HBO 1, HBO 2 and Comedy, plus it will be half the price you currently pay to view tv in RIP OFF Britain.

Bring It On..............
    Last edited by razor1; 15-02-11 at 15:34.