Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Installing New Bouquet via FTP

Title
    Thanks

Installing New Bouquet via FTP

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can help me with a bouquet ftp issue. I've had a search around but can't seem to find an answer.

I've just tried to change my current Bouquet to Silverfox's Bouquet on my Vu+ Duo box, with vix image, via FTP. I originally had the AndyBlacs bouquet that I installed through the plugins menu.

I removed the satellites.xml file from tuxbox folder and replaced it with Silverfox's satellites.xml file. And I did the same for the rest of the files in the enigma2 folder.

I then rebooted the box - but it came back on to the original vix setup wizard. I didn't want to continue in case it reset all my settings. So I put the original AndyBlac files back in place, rebooted the box and it worked fine again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? should I just re-do the wizard?

Also, do I place Silverfox's picons in the same enigma2 folder?

Apologies if this seems a bit newbie-ish... I'm still working out how it all works.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Download dreamboxedit to your pc. It does all the hard work for you. You can upload your bouquets from the Duo, amend them how you want, then download them back to the Duo again.

Or start with an updated settings file, open it in dreambox edit, amend it as you want, and download straight to the reciever.

Yoiu've also then got a backup copy on your PC

Latest version is 4.0.1.2 in the Settings Editor section.

Title
    Thanks
    Was /etc/enigma2/settings file deleted?

Not all of the files in /etc/enigma2 are replaced with a new Bouquet. If the 'settings' file disappears, the configuration wizard is invoked.
    Full marks for backing up the old settings though.

Regards

Title
    Thanks
    That'll be it. I replaced all of the files in the enigma2 folder, I guess including the settings file. I'll have another another shot and make sure I only replace the bouquet files.

Sonc, thanks for the tip with dreamboxedit. I was hoping that I could do it all via FTP myself, but if I can't I'll use that.

Can I just check that the picon files go in the enigma2 folder too?

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    I'm a complete n00b and just trying to install my first bouquet. I see from this thread that some bouquets are in the plugin section, I'll go and have a look there now. I may have to use dreamboxedit, and will look into that too.

I've found a download page for dreamboxedit, but it looks a few years old and I was wondering is this the most recent version?

Code:
    http://dreambox.happyllama.com/
    Last edited by Sicilian; 02-02-11 at 07:22. Reason: removed live link

Title
    Thanks
    I've since found a link to a more recent version of Dreambox and also a bit of a how-to guide.

DBE 4
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...dition-4.0.1.0

Dreambox How To Manual
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-How-to-manual

Still having some problems, but I'll post them in my own thread and stop hijacking this one!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I am looking for a UK Channel list bouquet, please can someone send me a link?

Title
    Thanks
    I used dreambox edit to send channel list to Vu+ Solo2 but it did not show up until I read somewhere that I should use Vucc, and it worked?

Title
    Thanks