Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Client epg doesn't populate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Client epg doesn't populate

Hello all, I have set my zero up using client mode from my vu duo 2 and all is working great except the zero's epg does not populate (only channels I have watched do). Both boxes epg data is set to be stored on their respective usb drive, and I have tried rebooting the boxes etc. My question is...is the zero's epg meant to populate automatically when using client mode or am I meant to set up the epg using something else?

As always any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    when setting up client mode channels and epg are suppose to load together,i would be rechecking epg location on main box to see if its fully populated and try setting up client again on second box,i dont remember setting up usb for epg on second box.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (17-04-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok starting to wreck my head . I have reflashed and started again but same problem. I have also checked via ftp if the epg.dat has copied over to the client and it has and both are exactly the same size.....so why if the servers epg is fully populated is the clients not? Any suggestions would be great (settings etc).

Ps the only epg setting I have changed on the zero is the epg location which is set to HDD (thats how the memory stick mounted it on the zero). The epg location on the server is usb.

As always thanks for any help in advance .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    started me checking my tm nano in client mode and when setting up client it says tv channels and epg will be taken from main box.I dont have usb or hdd installed as i am not downloading anything,if i did would need my micro usb for that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (18-04-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried a fresh install and only thing I did was set up client mode, still epg not populated even though main box is fully populated....everything else is working sound . Don't know what else to try.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you checked the time settings. It's worth trying different settings, then doing a full box restart - that is - deep standby - mains off/wait 30s/ mains on.

Have a go at switching between NTP & transponder, also try different time zones - then going through the full box restart as described. All very boring and time consuming, but might do the trick.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (21-04-18)