Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harmony 650 - Archive button?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Yes, I do already have such a timer set up, but figured that someone somewhere had managed to get the discrete Deep st/by function set up on their Harmony.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You can remap the function of buttons from within ViX (user interface, I think).

So you can define long power toggle to go to deep standby.

I found with my harmony remote that some long key presses couldn't be defined, they just repeated, so it's a bit hit and miss.

I ended up defining F1 on the box remote to go to deep standby, and then mapped a key press on the harmony to F1.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Well then. Intending to try out the key mapping solution, what could be easier? Not for me!

Using the Menu => SetUp => User Interface => Button SetUp, I can't scroll through the list as regardless of key presses, I just get the setup for the first in the list (or, more specifically, for Down key). Tried using both the new Harmony remote and the original remote - both same result. Tried WebIF, but no key mapping option available. Not my day by the look of things.

NOTE: the first use of the option, it did scroll down but stopped at the Down key and from then on,all attempts produced the above result.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You need to press the key you want to change (not down arrow), I think it says something to that effect.

It's not the easiest interface to work your way thru', just be careful!!

Try long press power toggle on the original remote, and then select power options (not sure of the exact wording).
    Last edited by ccs; 16-04-18 at 13:43.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Thanks for that - I should read the instructions

It appears to work fine using your suggested method,but, I think I will stick with the St/By option as the Deep St/By brings up that horrible 'Are you sure ....' message even though nothing is being recorded, nor any scheduled recording within next couple of hours. (that message has always and continues to bug me)

At least now I do have the Deep St/By 'learned' by the Harmony.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    Hi

Thanks for that - I should read the instructions

It appears to work fine using your suggested method,but, I think I will stick with the St/By option as the Deep St/By brings up that horrible 'Are you sure ....' message even though nothing is being recorded, nor any scheduled recording within next couple of hours. (that message has always and continues to bug me)

At least now I do have the Deep St/By 'learned' by the Harmony.
    I don't get that message, do you use timeshift, because if you don't there's a solution. Looking for it now.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post382929
    Last edited by ccs; 16-04-18 at 14:45.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Checked that and was already set to 'No' (I think actually as a result of having read that thread a while ago). See Image:
    Attachment 56600

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Mine is ....
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I will try setting as yours later on as some recordings coming up.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've never used timeshift, but it does activate if you pause live tv.
    It looks like your settings don't produce any timeshift dialogue, so maybe deepstandby's "are you sure" message is because you are (accidently) in timeshift,
    or maybe it's your combination of settings which causes it (like they were for me).

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Well, I have been fighting with the 'Are you sure .....' messages for a long long time now. It was apparently being 'fixed', but nothing has changed for me over several image changes since then.

Maybe just me

I don't use any plugins, and have made only a few minor setting changes from defaults, none of which seem to effect the issue (tried with install no settings updated)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I've never used timeshift, but it does activate if you pause live tv.
    It looks like your settings don't produce any timeshift dialogue, so maybe deepstandby's "are you sure" message is because you are (accidently) in timeshift,
    or maybe it's your combination of settings which causes it (like they were for me).
    I have timeshift set but don't see the "are you sure" messages when putting the box into deep standby unless there is actually a recording in progress or just about to start.timeshift.jpg
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... so with or without timeshift, there is a set of parameters that should work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (16-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I have timeshift set but don't see the "are you sure" messages when putting the box into deep standby unless there is actually a recording in progress or just about to start.timeshift.jpg
    Hi

Yes, and as far as I know, it works like that for everyone else. I went through a longish thread a while ago, where there were some errors found in the code and would be fixed - nothing changed for me though.

Link

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... your settings are different to the 2 alternatives (one with timeshift, one without) which both work as expected.

I don't think a "fix" was ever needed, just getting the settings right was all that was required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast