Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: issue with Kodi PVR clients

Title
    Thanks

issue with Kodi PVR clients

Hi guys can anyone help

i have been using the vix images for quite some time on my vu solo2

Until recently i have been using my IPTV via Kodi 17.6 through the Kodi launcher.

i was using my kodi as normal and then i tried to use an option via an IPTV addon and the addon locked up. upon rebooting the box and restarting kodi my IPTV would not work (no live TV), i then went to check my setting withing the PVR Client (simple IPTV) but discovered that the option for PVR clients in my addons had totally gone which means i could not check my details.

i since tried to reflash my box and install the latest vix image 5.1.022 and upon reboot before installing my custom build, i went to my addons and realised again there was no option in my addons for PVR clients which makes me think there are no PVR addons being installed. i jave tried searvhin and dowloading but cannot find any addons for PVR clients.

i have managed to install PVR simple IPTV client manually but it still never worked.

i have further discovered that audio decoders have not been installed or a couple of other addons in the my addons menu.

can anyone check if there is something wrong with the kodi launcher addon when you download from plugins menu.

it just seems the install is not completing properly.

if anyone can help it would be appreciated as i have used vix images up to now with no issues.

kind regards
    The NiNja

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I think PVR clients were never available on STBs Kodi. At least VU removed the complete PVR section of Kodi intentionally.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I think PVR clients were never available on STBs Kodi. At least VU removed the complete PVR section of Kodi intentionally.

ciao
    appreciate that they have removed them, but the file structure must have remained on my system from previous version if that is the case as it has been working fine no problem for the past year or so at the least.

is it possible to find the old version to get them loaded again and see if i can then load the latest version again, ie a version that had kodi 17.3 for example or will this still only load the latest version kodi launcher via the plug in.

really need some help here to get my IPTV up and running again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've not had PVR client available ever, right back to Kodi 17.1. You can use IPTV in bouquets by either manually importing them or using the Suls plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    must have been something i have managed to do as i have definitely had it for watching my IPTV servers. i now that it has been there as i have had to run IPTV simple client and enter the relevant m3u and EPG addresses.

i have managed to load them manually using putty and entering

opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-iptvsimple

and even got all the PVR clients by entering

opkg install kodi-addons-meta

but still got audio decoders missing and video input

thanks
    The NiNja