Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cable Tuner problems

ceejaydee

Cable Tuner problems

My Mutant HD51 has two cable tuners installed. I have just installed the VIX build and when I come to set up the tuners it only shows Tuner A. I was expecting to see both Tuner A and Tuner B. Is only Tuner A showing correct or is their their a fault with my box? It's still under guarantee with WOS, just. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    can you post a picture of rear of box please?

ceejaydee
    Not very clear but does this photo help?03926EE6-1BD5-493C-9733-86D1EC6A2D16.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejaydee View Post
    Not very clear but does this photo help?
    That looks like a second terrestrial tuner sitting next to the one with the input lead.

Slightly enhanced pictureenhanced.jpg

It's a plug in tuner so perhaps its not fully seated in the socket. Turn off at the mains, remove the cover and check the tuner in fully seated.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (31-03-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Check you're warrenty before attempting to remove cover

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You have two tuner cards and two tuner slots. Try both cards in each slot but one at a time.

If one card fails in both slots, the card is faulty. If both cards fail in one slot, the circuit board is faulty.

Hopefully it is just a seating problem as mentioned above. Disconnect PSU before opening.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ceejaydee
    Good idea. Will do a one at a time swap over of the tuners and see what happens. Bought box from w-o-s last May. If it turns out that circuit board is faulty perhaps they'll do a foc repair.

ceejaydee
    Interestingly, if I put the lead in the other tuner I get nothing. But still won’t know if it’s tuner or board problem until done full swap overs.

ceejaydee
    Done full swap overs. Both tuners work in Slot 1 but neither will work in Slot 2. Therefore Slot 2 faulty. (No sh*t Sherlock!). Suppose I will have to contact wos to see whether they will repair under warranty.

ceejaydee
    OK so the Mutant HD51 went back to WoS who put a new mainboard in under the period of warranty. Well done to WoS for their extremely quick turnaround. Now back in my sweaty hands and setting everything up again. Unfortunatelyl I cant seem to get my head around oscam. I must have been lucky first time round but now whatever I try i cant seem to get it to work. I have downloaded oscam.atv and converted the nline to oscam and ftp's it to practically everwhere possible, but nothing seems to work. Feel like going back to a non-oscam box. Is there an idiot's guide? I have read so many posts online that I am just totally confused. Do this. Do that. Need some serious HELP here pepole. Pleeeeease.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You need to download Oscam latest. Beware of line talk. Not allowed.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

ceejaydee
    Warning noted. My apoligies. what's the last version and where to get?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    ViX plugin feeds has the oscam-latest you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)