Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please wait, then service notavaialable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    You need to change that to /media/hdd and see how it goes.
    Ok I have changed the location to /media/HDD, and when I went Save, another window comes up and asks if I want save data to /etc/enigma2/epg.dat.

Should I say Yes or No

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Say yes.

I'd be tempted to delete the epg and start from fresh afterwards. (I think it's in Menu/Setup/EPG)

If you only use freeview, leave the box tuned to bbc1 for 30 minutes to repopulate.

If you import your epg from somewhere else you'll need to force a download.
    Last edited by ccs; 23-03-18 at 16:13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

avalon65 (23-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Say yes.

I'd be tempted to delete the epg and start from fresh afterwards. (I think it's in Menu/Setup/EPG)

If you only use freeview, leave the box tuned to bbc1 for 30 minutes to repopulate.

If you import your epg from somewhere else you'll need to force a download.
    I said Yes, then restarted the box from the menu, and what came up on reboot was just the same as before, service unavailable, then DVB service in the front window of the box.

When I delete the epg and start from fresh, just remind me, what do I need to do, what sequence of events if any. Oh, I use freesat mostly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You also need to check your tuner configurations and make sure the leads are connected ok.

What tuners are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    You also need to check your tuner configurations and make sure the leads are connected ok.

What tuners are you using?
    I am using the ones that were fitted in when I bought the box. All I know is that there are 2 tuners and 2 cables from the satellite dish

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Service unavailable suggests the tuners are not setup/connected properly.

Can you post the tuner config screenshots.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would start again and flash your receiver with the latest ViX image and setup as New with no Restores. Then when you come to setting up your EPG, use OpenTV and set your path to media/hdd (do not leave as default which is Internal Flash)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Service unavailable suggests the tuners are not setup/connected properly.

Can you post the tuner config screenshots.
    Screenshot of tuner configs. They were set to Advanced and when I selected the yellow button for Configuration, only 'simple' was available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I would start again and flash your receiver with the latest ViX image and setup as New with no Restores. Then when you come to setting up your EPG, use OpenTV and set your path to media/hdd (do not leave as default which is Internal Flash)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To start again and flash the receiver, could I use the front USB port to do so, or does it have to be the one on the back of the box.

I've downloaded the latest VIX image as a zip file, does it have to be extracted first or just left as a zip file.
    Last edited by avalon65; 23-03-18 at 16:53.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I would take a settings backup using backupmanager, take an image backup using image manager, download the latest ViX image using imagemanager, and then flash that image using imagemanager.

Note: if you want to restore the backup image you took, you'll need to unzip it onto a usb stick and flash via usb only.

Title
    Thanks
    I would take a settings backup using backupmanager, take an image backup using image manager, download the latest ViX image using imagemanager, and then flash that image using imagemanager.

Note: if you want to restore the backup image you took, you'll need to unzip it onto a usb stick and flash via usb only.
    I've used iamage manger to download the latest VIX image as a zip file, now I can't see where or what to select to install that image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Press green to take a backup of the current image, and then the same in backupmanager to save your settings.

I think you're running an old version of ViX which doesn't allow couch flashing on a HD51.

Title
    Thanks
    Press green to take a backup of the current image, and then the same in backupmanager to save your settings.

I think you're running an old version of ViX which doesn't allow couch flashing on a HD51.
    The image manager has stopped or stuck at about halfway of backing up the root files, does it take a while normally.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... a few minutes, usually.

(I won't be here much for a while)
    Last edited by ccs; 23-03-18 at 17:38.

Title
    Thanks
    The backup did complete and then I plugged a usb stick into the rear usb port and restarted the box. The image was not picked up on restart, so I tried the front usb port, no diffrence. I guess the actual image file wants to be in the root of the usb stick and not the HD51 folder which was created on unzipping the zip file.

Just tried again with all the files of the zip file in the root of the usb stick and nothing is happening. the image is not being picked up to boot or install from.
    Last edited by avalon65; 23-03-18 at 17:55.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast