Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mutant HD51 - Motorised bug, has it been fixed?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The commit has been made to affect tuning lock of all receivers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

RustySpoons (31-03-18)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Not according to Mutant, Mutant say other manufacturers are using a workaround in their drivers. Had a long conversation with Mutant about this yesterday, but hey ho, all fixed now.
    LOL. We do it right, everyone else is doing it wrong. But our box doesn't work properly. Truth is enigma2 is open source and the drivers are closed source. So it is easy for them to look at our open source and make the drivers compatible. Not so easy for us to look at their closed source and make our open source compatible.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can confirm this "Commit" has resolved this issue on the Miraclebox Premium Micro.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySpoons View Post
    I can confirm this "Commit" has resolved this issue on the Miraclebox Premium Micro.
    So a workaround for "bugged" Mutant drivers has fixed a Miraclebox too. How odd....
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Miraclebox premium micro won't work with dvbsnoop.

There is a nice discussion on PLi over the Mutant issue. Everyone is wrong apart from Mutant!

Title
    Thanks
    Oh yes, Mutant's cannot show tuner information because of E2 fault too! All other receivers have faulty drivers. Engma2 is at fault too.

Title
    Thanks
    Oh yes, screenshot on miraclebox premium does not work properly too. Another instance of bad coding in engima2. Same bad coding works without problem on other images.

The real problem is that there is no documentation about what the drivers must do/should respond.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

RustySpoons (03-04-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So a workaround for "bugged" Mutant drivers has fixed a Miraclebox too. How odd....
    There are different issues, the one I reported about not locking after the motor moving etc was resolved with this "Commit"
    From my testing it's an E2 issue and I came up with a work around that I posted elsewhere, I would have posted it here but no one replied to my PM.

This was then resolved with the latest commit.
    Everyone seemed to point their finger at Mutant saying the motor issue is down to the driver but it's not, I can get any E2 box to do it.
    However there is an issue with a driver to do with signal readings etc but that's another discussion.

Title
    Thanks
    Another instance of bad enigma2 coding....
    Flashing an image using ofgwrite on MB micro always resulted in non-booting receivers.

The wonderful people at Mircalebox/INI had to provide a new bootloader because of the bad coding.

Title
    Thanks
    Gigablue gives false positives on AV output in drivers.
    We stopped adding hacks for them, other teasm still do. They won't fix drivers as a result

Title
    Thanks
    This was then resolved with the latest commit.
    Everyone seemed to point their finger at Mutant saying the motor issue is down to the driver but it's not, I can get any E2 box to do it.
    Wow, how have all other users with motors managed to use them?

Title
    Thanks
    There is along thread on Linuxsat about the not-supported-here receivers not locking on motorised setups. They needed lo-power lnbs to work.

One of the "power users" stated something very telling, something to the effect, "it has to be drivers because all other 7362 receivers work fine"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Wow, how have all other users with motors managed to use them?
    This "Bug" was introduced at some point in 2017, it's only on OA-E Images, it affects ANY box that has that software on there.
    The factors here are, have they all updated/installed an image with this bug?, do they move their motor much?, do they notice?
    Reports on lots of different boxes, they said that the SF4008 is not affected, well it is.

I've tested it on numerous boxes, its an E2 issue not a Driver issue.

Doesn't happen on Non OA-E E2 sources, I have dreamboxes as well, doesn't happen with images from other sources on those.
    Put a PLI based image on them and the bug is there.

Title
    Thanks
    This "Bug" was introduced at some point in 2017, it's only on OA-E Images, it affects ANY box that has that software on there.
    The factors here are, have they all updated/installed an image with this bug?, do they move their motor much?, do they notice?
    Reports on lots of different boxes, they said that the SF4008 is not affected, well it is.

I've tested it on numerous boxes, its an E2 issue not a Driver issue.

Doesn't happen on Non OA-E E2 sources, I have dreamboxes as well, doesn't happen with images from other sources on those.
    Put a PLI based image on them and the bug is there.
    Yes it certainly does effect the sf4008 , I have sf4008 & mutant hd51 and effects both but I did not realise it was a bug until I read this thread - now I know why it takes so long for channels to appear after switching to a different satellite, hopefully a remedy sorted out soon , thanks for the info lads.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    This thread is bordering ridiculous now imo. Bug is fixed, thread closed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

aadham (06-04-18),el bandido (05-04-18),Huevos (06-04-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123