Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: best iptv box

jamos316

best iptv box

Hi

I am looking at upgrading my current Android box for my IPTV needs. The box I have at the moment is M8S Pro which plays IPTV ok with only a few buffer issues but according to my IPTV provider and listening to other customers I shouldn't get any buffering, I am thinking the problem is with my box.
    I have been told that Mag boxs (254/256) are very good and I here that the Formluer Z7+ box is good, I like the sound out the Formuler box as I will be able to use it with Kodi as well as IPTV but at the same time I am thinking that maybe Android isn't the best platform for IPTV streaming and I should have a dedicated set top box for streaming only.
    Can you give me some advice please.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamos316 View Post
    Hi

I am looking at upgrading my current Android box for my IPTV needs. The box I have at the moment is M8S Pro which plays IPTV ok with only a few buffer issues but according to my IPTV provider and listening to other customers I shouldn't get any buffering, I am thinking the problem is with my box.
    I have been told that Mag boxs (254/256) are very good and I here that the Formluer Z7+ box is good, I like the sound out the Formuler box as I will be able to use it with Kodi as well as IPTV but at the same time I am thinking that maybe Android isn't the best platform for IPTV streaming and I should have a dedicated set top box for streaming only.
    I’ve got a [receiver not supported on this forum], it runs iptv with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 12-03-18 at 01:37.
    TM-Twin-OE
    1m motorised dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Talky12 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamos316 View Post
    Hi

if all you want to use the box for is IPTV, a mag is the way to go.

Title
    Thanks
    I have an old android mx2 box that runs IPTV fine using there dedicated app or perfect player.
    It also streams content from my enigma2 box perfectly.

Are you sure the buffering problem is your boxes fault?

Theres plenty of options to try before forking out on a new box, depending on your ISP provider...router setting and of course your iptv service.
    Last edited by kryton; 12-03-18 at 01:18.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    I have an old android mx2 box that runs IPTV fine using there dedicated app or perfect player.
    It also streams content from my enigma2 box perfectly.

Are you sure the buffering problem is your boxes fault?

Theres plenty of options to try before forking out on a new box, depending on your ISP provider...router setting and of course your iptv service.
    Hey Kryton,

I'm looking to get a 2nd box to stream from my enigma2 & also stream from an IPTV supplier. Can you tell me what apps you use to stream IPTV and enigma 2 to your MX2? What android version is the box on?

I am trying to figure out whether to get a 2nd enigma2 using openvix client mode or get an android box.

I have a vu+ uno 4K cable version running openvix and IPTV which works well. Looking to get a 2nd TV running in a different room.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberbuckley View Post
    Hey Kryton,

I'm looking to get a 2nd box to stream from my enigma2 & also stream from an IPTV supplier. Can you tell me what apps you use to stream IPTV and enigma 2 to your MX2? What android version is the box on?

I am trying to figure out whether to get a 2nd enigma2 using openvix client mode or get an android box.

I have a vu+ uno 4K cable version running openvix and IPTV which works well. Looking to get a 2nd TV running in a different room.

Thanks
    I use Kodi to stream enigma 2 to my mx2 box
    I followed this thread here to set it up : http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...An-Enigma2-Box

I also did what dfdream said in post 21. I created a bouquet on my enigma box called kodi and put all the channels i watch the most in it.
    It helps speed up the loading time of the channel list in kodi instead of loading every single channel.

I use perfect player and a dedicated android app for my IPTV.

Im pretty sure my mx2 is on android version 4.2 at the moment.
    Last edited by kryton; 12-03-18 at 22:50.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kryton For This Useful Post:

bomberbuckley (12-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    I use Kodi to stream enigma 2 to my mx2 box
    I followed this thread here to set it up : http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...An-Enigma2-Box

I also did what dfdream said in post 21. I created a bouquet on my enigma box called kodi and put all the channels i watch the most in it.
    It helps speed up the loading time of the channel list in kodi instead of loading every single channel.

I use perfect player and a dedicated android app for my IPTV.

Im pretty sure my mx2 is on android version 4.2 at the moment.
    Thanks for getting back to me!

Might go for a cheap MXQ box so

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Formuler Z+ and Z7+, excellent for IPTV, imho much better then any other Android and MAG box:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/formuler-z-plus

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/formuler-z7-plus

Formulers MYTVOnline app is excellent for IPTV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Formuler Z+ and Z7+, excellent for IPTV, imho much better then any other Android and MAG box:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/formuler-z-plus

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/formuler-z7-plus

Formulers MYTVOnline app is excellent for IPTV.
    Thanks Boss, Will either of these boxes record IPTV channels over night.
    Regards, Harry

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harryoz View Post
    Thanks Boss, Will either of these boxes record IPTV channels over night.
    Regards, Harry
    Yes, but remember provider must allow recording and also EPG is dependant on provider.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable