Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto deepstandby

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Auto deepstandby

Evening,

For some reason I have set an auto deep standby after being in stanby for 10 mins but this doesnt seem to be putting the box into deep standby.

Anyone know what would be stopping this? I have no recordings set.

thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
    Extrend 10K
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
    Extrend 10K
    Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
    Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

dfox (08-03-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
    Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.
    Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.
    So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?
    The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
    # Check for there being any active Movie playback or IPTV channel
    # or any streaming clients before going to Deep Standby.
    I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).
    Last edited by birdman; 11-03-18 at 13:58.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
    I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).
    PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.
    Last edited by Valiant; 11-03-18 at 14:45.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    Thanks
    It seems to work for me.
    AutoDeepStandby PowerTimer set for every 10mins, only if in Standby
    Watch a stream (service ref starts with 4097: )
    Put box into Standby.
    ~20 mins later box goes to AutoDeepStandby (probably missed the first 10min one because the hard0sisk hadn't yet spun down - my normal setting for ADS is 30mins).

< 919.355> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
    < 919.355> [ActionMap] GlobalActions power_down
    < 919.551> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 74 1
    < 919.556> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
    < 919.600> [Standby] enter standby
    < 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop http://......................../chunklist.m3u8
    < 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop state:PLAYING pending:VOID_PENDING ret:SUCCESS
    < 919.705> [eServiceMP3] destruct!
    < 919.823> [Skin] processing screen Standby:
    < 919.826> [Skin] processing screen StandbySummary:
    < 2068.180> [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
    ]< 2068.180>
    < 2068.189> dvb time sync disabled... so set RTC now to current linux time! 2018/03/11 13:42
    < 2068.190> set wakeup time to 2018/03/11 19:52

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
    Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
    Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?
    I am putting the box into standby manually, and have a timer set to go to auto deepstandby after 10 mins of being in standby but this doesn't work on a stream. Service reference for stream pals 5001, I'm sure before this was changed it worked. I'll change the reference to 4097 0r 1 and see if it fixes it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting
    I am using EPG Importer for EPG.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.
    No recording set or about to start.

Title
    Thanks
    If I gave you a slightly modified version of PowerTimer.py (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If I gave you a slightly modified version of PowerTimer.py (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?
    Sure, no problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast