Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Force EPG service ref with custommix (IPTV Streams)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Force EPG service ref with custommix (IPTV Streams)

Hi is it possible to force service ref in CustomMix with streams?

Im using CustomMix to replace channels with streams

Code:
     <custommix>
    	<streams>
    		<stream url="http://stream.source:port/live/username/F36/password/308.ts" target="401" />
                    <stream url="http://stream.source:port/live/username/F36/password/309.ts" target="402" />
                    <stream url="http://stream.source:port/live/username/F36/password/310.ts" target="403" />
    	</streams>
    </custommix>
    This has been working great but now Virgin have decided to remove EPG now it says "No longer available, Press "i"

EPG.jpg

I would like to be able to force custom EPG ref via CustomMix if possible. I have started using sed -i commands
    Code:
    sed -i -e 's/1:0:19:c81:20:f020:ffff0000:0:0:0:/1:0:1:12B5:63:27:FFFF0000:0:0:0:'/g /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.401.tv
    but I would need to re run script every time I run ABM scan it would be better if I could possibly do this via CustomMix

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Edit I still had the Cable inserts for 401 to 408 so I deleted them and its now using the sat service ref, it still would be good to be able to force our own service ref using this method

Code:
    <custommix>
        <sections>
            <section number="700">IPTV</section>
        </sections>

<streams>
            <stream url="http://stream.source:port/live/username/F36/password/308.ts" target="701" name="our name 1" />
            <stream url="http://stream.source:port/live/username/F36/password/309.ts" target="702" name="our name 2" />
        </streams>
    </custommix>

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is this due to sports HD channels moving to new cardless systems?

I recently tried to get Service Type added into the streams but had trouble in getting ABM to write the service type as stored in IPTV streams. This is similar to what you're asking.

As a work-around, could you not just use the HD IPTV streams but on the SD variant within bouquets?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    Is this due to sports HD channels moving to new cardless systems?

I recently tried to get Service Type added into the streams but had trouble in getting ABM to write the service type as stored in IPTV streams. This is similar to what you're asking.

As a work-around, could you not just use the HD IPTV streams but on the SD variant within bouquets?
    Yes ive already sorted that I still had the cable inserts so I deleted them and now its using sat service ref, although users using streams on just cable wont get around it unless they do what you suggested then they would loose Cable SD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    My solution is to add a new provider, eg Cable UK Test (no bouquets or main) and add the IPTV channels to the SD channels on that, then insert those channels with custom mix into the normal bouquets

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    My solution is to add a new provider, eg Cable UK Test (no bouquets or main) and add the IPTV channels to the SD channels on that, then insert those channels with custom mix into the normal bouquets
    Mine is using sat custommix but I still had the cable inserts for 401 to 408, I deleted them and now it's fine.

So if using cable CustomMix and have a sky connection insert sky channels 501 to 508 streams will override it but it should then be using sat service reference
    Last edited by dsayers; 03-03-18 at 15:46.