Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mutant HD51 New Owner- No Network Connection

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Hi birdman. If your router has a dhcp range of 250 (1 to 250) then surely you have to manually assign within these ranges.
    No, you change the range to a smaller one (or you could use 251-253, assuming the router is 254...).
    Or am I miss understanding how dhcp works.
    Yes, it would appear that you are.
    A DHCP server is free to hand out any address within its range to any client that requests one. It keeps a record of the ones that it has issued that are currently still valid (they have a time-validity - a still-running client will request a renewal of its address). If you've hard-wired an address into a system the DHCP server will have no idea about that and may hand out that same address to some other client - and having two interfaces on your network with the same address means neither will work.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (20-02-18),widar (20-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Andrewid - did you manage to sort it?
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    @John

Sadly John I can't even reflash the receiver. I've followed the following tutorial pretty much to the letter but even by pressing the on button contuously, there is no prompt for a reflash of image. The tutorial says the following:

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop,
    see another folder named hd51, this is the
    stick.
    Flashing the Receiver.
    1) Power off the receiver
    2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver
    3) Insert the USB stick containing the image files in
    possible.
    4) Power the receiver on.
    5) Immediately after powering on PRESS AND HOLD the front power button until
    6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
    7) Remove USB stick that contains the images files.

So the hd51(unzipped from latest version of openvix for mutant 51) is on the root of the FAT32 8gb usb stick but nothing happens when I turn power on and keep the 'on' button pressed. The receiver just boots up as if I'm not trying to reflash. Extremely frustrating. I love the multistream capabilities of the box for the Italian and French public channels but apart from that I'm trying to justify the cost of the receiver to myself. I'll keep attempting to sort out a solution of course but can't understand why it's refusing to reflash :-(

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewid View Post
    @John

Sadly John I can't even reflash the receiver. I've followed the following tutorial pretty much to the letter but even by pressing the on button contuously, there is no prompt for a reflash of image. The tutorial says the following:

stick.
    Flashing the Receiver.
    possible.
    6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.

So the hd51(unzipped from latest version of openvix for mutant 51) is on the root of the FAT32 8gb usb stick but nothing happens when I turn power on and keep the 'on' button pressed. The receiver just boots up as if I'm not trying to reflash. Extremely frustrating. I love the multistream capabilities of the box for the Italian and French public channels but apart from that I'm trying to justify the cost of the receiver to myself. I'll keep attempting to sort out a solution of course but can't understand why it's refusing to reflash :-(
    you have a very good receiver for the price.

all you need to do is put receiver in standby (showing date/time), plug usb in (makes sure no other usb plugged in) and hold the power button until flashing appears in the display and then let go, its takes about 15 seconds for slashing to show. don't press continuously.

if it does not work try another usb. there is a flashing video on yout**e
    Last edited by john doe; 20-02-18 at 16:37. Reason: add info
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Surely putting the receiver in standby won't work, it needs to be powered off (either with a power toggle at the back, or at the mains).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Surely putting the receiver in standby won't work, it needs to be powered off (either with a power toggle at the back, or at the mains).
    he could also try that. the standby worked for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    @John

stick.
    Flashing the Receiver.
    possible.

So if the HD51 still boots up??

Enter Menu, setup, Vix, ImageManager
    Hit the yellow button(download) and select latest ViX image with cursor
    Hit Green (Download)
    It will show it downloading.... once you see that finish, hit red buttom to return to ImageManager main button.
    Press Blue button to flash the image you have just downloaded.
    Ignore the stupid this is a ....... message!
    The box will flash (you see messages from ofgwrite on your screen) and it will reboot.
    After reboot you are back to a fresh image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18),ccs (20-02-18),john doe (20-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    he could also try that. the standby worked for me.
    I am surprised, in standby 90% of the box is still up and running, just the a/v gets disabled/powered off.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys!

An update:

I think I detected the problem with the flashing of the unit. Even though my usb stick said it was already in FAT32 format, I decided to ignore this and have used the internal windows tool to reformat to FAT32. This time the HD51 immediately recognised the usb (with the HD51 folder in the root) when pressing 'power on' continuously. 'Flashing' appeared obediently on the front screen. It took about 2-3 minutes to successfully complete and reboot :-)

Obviously, you have to set up again but having done it once before it was much more straightforward. The unit is now connecting to the internet! However, I set it up through 'interface' in network set up wizard. Now I get the following:

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Current settings-
    IP address: N/A
    Subnet: N/A
    Gateway: N/A

I remember distinctly the first time round that it did assign an isp. Should I also connect using DHCP in the set up wizard? I looked at the openvix guide but it isnt that clear. Filezilla does actually communicate with the box by putting in the settings I made a note of originally.

I havent downloaded oscam yet as I want to make sure all my settings are correct from the start.

Thanks again to everyone for all your guidance and time!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Hi guys!

An update:

I think I detected the problem with the flashing of the unit. Even though my usb stick said it was already in FAT32 format, I decided to ignore this and have used the internal windows tool to reformat to FAT32. This time the HD51 immediately recognised the usb (with the HD51 folder in the root) when pressing 'power on' continuously. 'Flashing' appeared obediently on the front screen. It took about 2-3 minutes to successfully complete and reboot :-)

Obviously, you have to set up again but having done it once before it was much more straightforward. The unit is now connecting to the internet! However, I set it up through 'interface' in network set up wizard. Now I get the following:

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Current settings-
    IP address: N/A
    Subnet: N/A
    Gateway: N/A

I remember distinctly the first time round that it did assign an isp. Should I also connect using DHCP in the set up wizard? I looked at the openvix guide but it isnt that clear. Filezilla does actually communicate with the box by putting in the settings I made a note of originally.

I havent downloaded oscam yet as I want to make sure all my settings are correct from the start.

Thanks again to everyone for all your guidance and time!
    This is not correct:
    If you go to menu/Setup/Network/Adapter settings what do you have in 7 lines from user interface downwards??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    use the dhcp. you may need to reboot box and router once set
    Last edited by john doe; 21-02-18 at 20:59.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Done! Everything now appearing as it should by setting up through DHCP. Should I toggle 'use interface' to 'no' in Adapter settings?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Done! Everything now appearing as it should by setting up through DHCP. Should I toggle 'use interface' to 'no' in Adapter settings?
    That will stop it working.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    That will stop it working.
    keep it as yes. Glad its sorted!

next step oscam.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (22-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    And let my oscam odyseey begin...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast