Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Possible to run tvheadend backend on openvix install?

Title
    Thanks

Possible to run tvheadend backend on openvix install?

Hello everybody

Would it be possible to install tvheadend backend on my technomate oe t2 tuner? so that I could watch TV from my android box with Kodi (as pvr client)?

Right now I have openvix installed on my technomate receiver, but I am having a lot of difficulties when switching source (on my tv) from my Technomate box to my android box...

So I was wondering, why not use Technomate as the server, when it is already running 24 seven and is a tv receiver..

Hope that my question makes sense to you. Thanks for reading my post!

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Kodi has its own pvr plugin for this, called vu player. No need to install anything on the technomate, just enter it’s IP address into vu player on kodi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah I tried this plug-in sometime ago and it worked like hell.. but after I read your post I installed it again and it actually worked really good.. I am really amazed that it could work this well.This is way easier solution than what I originally was talking about.. so thanks a lot!

Title
    Thanks
    I have tested this VU+ addon ad it works pretty good. But im getting freezes and heavy lags on some channels.. Do you know where i should direct this question, in order to troubleshoot the problem further? Or would you know anything about this?

Thanks again.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Are both kodi box and technomate hardwired and not WiFi? My experience of vu player is pretty limited. Stay away from HD channels if on WiFi.

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve used the vu addon for a few years and manage to get hd with only the odd buffer I’m using a duo 2 and found kodi on Xbox one to be the best with gen 2 firestick next best. I did use it on the gen 1 firestick and it was pretty awful if that’s any help.