Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crash when recording IPTV from G-EPG

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash when recording IPTV from G-EPG

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Crash when recording IPTV from G-EPG

Hi I posted about EPG in channel selection screen using reference 5002 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...lection-screen so im not sure if this is related.

When I try recording IPTV via Graphical EPG pressing the record button I get a crash see attached log. I was using a modified EpgSelection.py so I changed it back to the original from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Op...pgSelection.py the attached crash log is from using the EpgSelection.py from GitHub.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dsayers; 03-02-18 at 23:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Posting fore reference/search pruposes
    Code:
    < 29363.537> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 167 RECORD
    < 29363.537> [ActionMap] InfobarInstantRecord ShortRecord
    < 29363.541> [Skin] processing screen RecordTimerQuestion:
    < 29363.544> Traceback (most recent call last):
    < 29363.544>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
    < 29363.544>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py", line 1012, in recButtonPressed
    < 29363.544>     self.RecordTimerQuestion()
    < 29363.545>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py", line 1004, in RecordTimerQuestion
    < 29363.545>     posy = self['list'].getSelectionPosition(serviceref)
    < 29363.545>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/EpgList.py", line 1125, in getSelectionPosition
    < 29363.545> TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
    < 29363.545> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method HelpableActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.HelpableActionMap instance at 0x8b896fd0>>,('InfobarInstantRecord', 'ShortRecord')) failed)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just seen this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ording-crashes and the issues are similar apart from mine are set to 5002

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Just seen this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ording-crashes and the issues are similar apart from mine are set to 5002
    To add I get no crash when pressing green button but when pressing green again it says "error you didn't select a channels to record from" I then press exit and this brings up bouquet list the bouquet list when pressing TV button so I open the iptv bouquet and choose the channel and I get the same error. This is making me think it's related to no EPG data displayed in channel selection screen issues.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm starting to think enigma2 isn't good for ref 5002 at the minute as I'm also having issues with live bouquets disappearing on ABM scan but keeping VOD that uses 4097. Live bouquets stay if I use 1:0:1
    Last edited by dsayers; 04-02-18 at 12:27.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How are you producing epg and bouquets?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    How are you producing epg and bouquets?
    With IPTV bouquet Maker but modified to all IPTV type to use ref 5002. And importing data via EPG Import.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    They are, in fact, identical to the extent that both are having an issue determining which service(channel) your selection is on in the Graphical EPG. It's trying to look up the serviceref in a list to get an index number, but can't find the serviceref.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can re-create this...

I use ABM and it's feature of replacing DVB stream with an IPTV stream for those channels that are dark. Recording, etc works fine because in the bouquets the service type is is 1: (ie start with 1: )

However, I specifically edited one channel within bouquets and renamed it to 4097: (ie use gstreamer) and if you press <rec> from within GEPG it crashes.

It doesn't do this when trying to record this one channel whilst in live TV mode (rather than GEPG), nor does it crash when trying to use <rec> within GEPG for other channels (that have 1: service reference).

I also noticed that whilst watching a channel with service type other than 1: and I press the EPG button to bring up GEPG, the channel it defaults to on GEPG is the first channel rather than the channel I'm actually viewing.

However, if I switch to any channel with service type of 1:, then it defaults to current channel I'm watching when GEPG is displayed.

It has trouble parsing the serviceref because it isn't a service type of 1:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

craig1979 (04-02-18),dsayers (04-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ok flashed OpenATV as I know EPG data is displayed in channel selection screen, I still cant record when pressing record but it does come up with Add Timer/ Add Auto Timer I choose Add Timer and I get: Timer sanity error channel not in service list.

ATV Record.jpg

I still cant record but atleast I get an error instead of a crash. Hopefully the makefile changes will sort this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

duoduo (05-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I use ABM and it's feature of replacing DVB stream with an IPTV stream for those channels that are dark.
    Could you post an example of such a line from a bouquet file? Then I could try to reproduce the bug.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have asked others on a different forum that use wooshbuild about the record facility and they gave no issues? I thought WB uses openatv image.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    I have asked others on a different forum that use wooshbuild about the record facility and they gave no issues? I thought WB uses openatv image.
    Using iptv type's 5002 or 4097?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Could you post an example of such a line from a bouquet file? Then I could try to reproduce the bug.
    This is from ABM CustomMix feature I just replaced the first 1 with 5002 for Sky Atlantic HD on 108 in the userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.101.tv file.

Code:
    #SERVICE 5002:0:19:f0d:7f1:2:11a0000:0:0:0:http%3a//host.net%3a80/live/email/password/11.ts:Sky Atlantic HD
    Last edited by dsayers; 05-02-18 at 12:20.

Title
    Thanks
    This is from ABM CustomMix feature I just replaced the first 1 with 5002 for Sky Atlantic HD on 108 in the userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.101.tv file.

Code:
    #SERVICE 5002:0:19:f0d:7f1:2:11a0000:0:0:0:http%3a//host.net%3a80/live/email/password/11.ts:Sky Atlantic HD
    Thanks. Not what I was expecting, but it's pointed me in the right direction.
    I actually need a channel that I can not only stream, but also have EPG data for (otherwise the Record button does nothing).
    I've managed to set this up for BBC Radio Four, and have reproduced the crash....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (05-02-18),dsayers (05-02-18)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast