Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: IPTV EPG (5002) In channel selection screen

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IPTV EPG (5002) In channel selection screen

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rimas View Post
    Reinstalling the serviceapp would have been enough.
    I tried that, fully uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted - it didn't work

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have a related request - can you remove the filter that prevents recording of 5002 streams?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    I have a related request - can you remove the filter that prevents recording of 5002 streams?
    Which file?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I dont think there is a single file for recording on different service types, If you try to do a recording from Graphical EPG we now get a sanity timer error

Vix Record 5002.jpg

If I try to record via info bar I get Could not record due to invalid service.

infobar Recording.jpg

I think it maybe a case of someone going through varies files to find reference to :1 and try to add other service types.

So far I think RecordTimer.py is one of the files but I could be wrong https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...dTimer.py#L153

The last major change for IPTV recording was in 2015 https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...8bef0b2bf30fc8 im not sure if that would help would help with what files may need changing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I dont think there is a single file for recording on different service types, If you try to do a recording from Graphical EPG we now get a sanity timer error

Vix Record 5002.jpg

If I try to record via info bar I get Could not record due to invalid service.

infobar Recording.jpg

I think it maybe a case of someone going through varies files to find reference to :1 and try to add other service types.

So far I think RecordTimer.py is one of the files but I could be wrong https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...dTimer.py#L153

The last major change for IPTV recording was in 2015 https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...8bef0b2bf30fc8 im not sure if that would help would help with what files may need changing.
    Have you tried using a different skin mate? Try one of Kiddacs skins like the Onyx one I am currently using and see if this makes any difference?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    Have you tried using a different skin mate? Try one of Kiddacs skins like the Onyx one I am currently using and see if this makes any difference?
    It's not the skin, I use KiddaC Vskin but also tested on default skin.

It's the service type's. If you check the above service reference 4097 can record but not others like 5002 or 5001.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    It's not the skin, I use KiddaC Vskin but also tested on default skin.

It's the service type's. If you check the above service reference 4097 can record but not others like 5002 or 5001.
    Try amending this existing line:
    Code:
    return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001)
    to:
    Code:
    return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001 or ref.type == 0x1389 or ref.type == 0x138A)
    Obviously ensure you have made a full backup of your image beforehand and save on another location other than your box - ie computer, USB, etc to allow easy recovery back to state it was in beforehand.

This only amends one line, which I found at first glance, but there could be other lines that need amending as a consequence. You may need to look through them more than I did.

Specifically, this adds the other two service types to list of service ref's pre-defined as recordable as per the function "isRecordable". The values mentioned are in hex.

To move with the times, more support for IPTV would be appreciated otherwise their is a risk of falling behind!
    Last edited by bbbuk; 17-02-18 at 16:53. Reason: added bit about hex

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

dsayers (17-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    Try amending this existing line:
    Code:
    return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001)
    to:
    Code:
    return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or (ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 0x100 or ref.type == 0x2000 or ref.type == 0x1001 or ref.type == 0x1389 or ref.type == 0x138A)
    Obviously ensure you have made a full backup of your image beforehand and save on another location other than your box - ie computer, USB, etc to allow easy recovery back to state it was in beforehand.

This only amends one line, which I found at first glance, but there could be other lines that need amending as a consequence. You may need to look through them more than I did.

Specifically, this adds the other two service types to list of service ref's pre-defined as recordable as per the function "isRecordable". The values mentioned are in hex.

To move with the times, more support for IPTV would be appreciated otherwise their is a risk of falling behind!
    Thanks ill try and test tomorrow, boxing today and I dont want to mess about with box

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (17-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    OK, tried this, slightly different from what you posted

Code:
            return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 256 or ref.type == 8192 or ref.type == 4097
    became

Code:
            return ref.flags & eServiceReference.isGroup or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB or ref.type == eServiceReference.idDVB + 256 or ref.type == 8192 or ref.type == 4097 or ref.type == 5002
    It tried to record but got stuck on the spinner with the following looping in the log

Code:
    <200753.533> [RecordTimer] activating state 1
    <200753.534> [RecordTimer] Found enough free space to record
    <200753.534> [RecordTimer] Filename calculated as: '/media/hdd/movie/20180217 2145 - TSN 1 HD - NASCAR XFINITY Series'
    <200753.534> [Navigation] recording service: 5002:0:1:86FB:3DB3:C52F:0:0:0:0:http%3a//providor%3a80/live/user/pass/2845.ts:TSN 1 HD
    <200753.534> [eNavigation] record: -1
    <200753.536> [Navigation] record returned non-zero
    <200753.536> [RecordTimer] 'record service' failed
    <200753.536> [RecordTimer] prepare failed
    <200753.536> [RecordTimer] activating state 1
    <200753.538> [RecordTimer] Found enough free space to record
    <200753.538> [RecordTimer] Filename calculated as: '/media/hdd/movie/20180217 2145 - TSN 1 HD - NASCAR XFINITY Series'
    I had a look in RecordTimer and found

Code:
                    if not Screens.Standby.inStandby and NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference() and ('0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '4097:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString()):
    so changed that to

Code:
                    if not Screens.Standby.inStandby and NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference() and ('0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '4097:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString() or '5002:' in NavigationInstance.instance.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString()):
    But still get the same problem. I'm guessing there is something in Navigation that needs changing but I can't see anything obvious and my coding skill is very low

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, flashed to latest (v18) of vix and tried this....

Yes, it results in a spinner when trying to record from live TV (I guess from GEPG but never tried that).

However, could this also be related to exteplayer as well as something else that may have been missed?

I ask this because installed exteplayer and serviceapp and I noticed that within ServiceApp, if I choose "exteplayer3" as default player, it won't record and results in spinner as mentioned above.

This is regardless of service type (ie 4097 or 5002) used because I had mixture of 4097 and 5002 service references.

I then went back into ServiceApp and chose "original" as default player and rebooted, I could again record service type 4097 but not 5002 as this resulted in spinner.

So in my experience anyhow, if I chose "exteplayer" as default player for all streams even 4097 streams wont record so this implies that whatever has changed by using exteplayer causes all streams to result in vix spinner.

I'm going back to using default gstreamer for 4097 service types as i've found this more stable. Just waiting on ABM to hopefully be updated to easily allow this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123