Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Autotimer edit bug in 5.1.013

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autotimer edit bug in 5.1.013

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Weird, it is working for me. Can you try uninstalling, and then re-installing the skin?
    You could also try the "Simple 1080" skin.
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing the openvix-vix-night-hd skin, didn't make any difference.
    Next I flashed back to image 5.1.013 (as I didn't find 5.1.014 downloadable) without restoring settings and updated it to 5.1.014, no restoring and not even channel search, just checked that pressing the green button showed the empty timer list and green circle with text "Add".
    Then I restored the settings and plugins from the backup that was created when I started flashing, and the green button showed again the timer list without any text for the color buttons, like in the previous picture I posted. BTW, the color buttons are also shown as colored the same way as in the "default" skin, not black-centered circles like they used to be in vix-night-hd. Just like the previous picture I posted.
    Changed to vix-day-hd skin which showed the color button text as expected, nothing wrong there.
    Deleted and re-installed the vix-night-hd skin, thinking that it may work differently now that my ui was using another skin (unlike previously when I did the uninstall and re-install without changing the skin used), but when I changed back to vix-night-hd, it showed the timer list without the color button texts again.

Oh, and the user interface language is Finnish (suomi), as was asked and guessed in the thread. But changing to English didn't bting the color button texts back again and didn't change the color balls to circles either, so I don't think posting another picture with English as the ui language would enlighten this more.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How are you invoking this screen. Mention all the button pushes please.

Title
    Thanks
    How are you invoking this screen. Mention all the button pushes please.
    Just pressing the green button when the receiver is on and showing some live tv program.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jukkal2 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Weird, it is working fine for me. Please change your language to English, restart, repeat and then post a screenshot

Title
    Thanks
    Weird, it is working fine for me. Please change your language to English, restart, repeat and then post a screenshot
    Like I said, changing to English didn't change anything but the title at the top of the screen.
    But I just realized that I had /etc/enigma2/skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml where I had a modified screen name="MovieSelection" element that I had edited to show the recording description text at the bottom right in a larger font like somebody hinted some time ago.
    When I renamed the file and restarted enigma2, the timer menu worked as expected and I saw the color button menu as expected.

So I guess the skin control xml from earlier versions is incompatible with 5.1.014 and I just need to figure out again how to enlarge the recording description font in this version. (wish it could be set in the interface settings to avoid confusion like this..)

Title
    Thanks
    Edit it in line with the recent changes.

As the original issue is resolved, I shall close this thread. Please start a new thread if reqiuired.

I would suggest you stipulate that you are using your own xml files in future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12