Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zap timers not working

Title
    Thanks

Zap timers not working

I have two zap timers set, neither of which seem to be doing anything.

The first zaps to ITV HD every morning at 0530hrs. The second zaps to Sky News every morning at 0555hrs. The object of the exercise is to delete the old timeshift buffer and create a new one every morning so that I don't eat up vast amounts of HD space, and also to buffer up enough of Sky News so that I can watch from the top of the hour whilst I eat my breakfast.

Zap timers used to work and Sky News would be the current channel at breakfast, all nicely buffered, no matter what channel my Mut@nt HD51 was left on the previous evening. Then, unexpectedly, they stopped working. Now I can't get them working no matter if I change the time of the timers or the channels they zap to.

I have no cron timers or power timers. These are the only zap timers. All other timers are either one off timers or auto timers that zap and record; these seem to work fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Mutant HD51, OpenVix, 2 x DVB-S/S2 tuners, 1TB HD.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wooders7 View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Post a debug log covering ~05:00 to 06:30.
    You could also post the timers.xml file from /etc/enigma2.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

wooders7 (28-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I thought that I had set up the box for debug logging but no log file was present.

In the end I decided to upgrade from 5.0.027 to 5.1.012, partly in an attempt to not have the narrator on by default when playing a recorded movie.

I was unable to perform a couch flash because the blue button was not active in Image Manager no matter which image I selected. Performing a USB flash was a breeze.

Now that I have upgraded the zap timers appear to have started working again, the blue button in Image Manager is active, and the narrator is gagged.

All I need to do now is to get the log files going in case I have further problems.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wooders7 View Post
    I thought that I had set up the box for debug logging but no log file was present.
    If you go to the timer menu, highlight the problem timer and hit the info button on the remote you should get a log of that single timer. If its a repeating problem timer it may be better to delete the historic log information and let it just record the log for the next occurrence of the problem.

In the end I decided to upgrade from 5.0.027
    There were timer bugs in that image which were identified and fixed by 5.0.028/029
    Full thread but possibly read from post #20 onwards.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-images/page2
    Last edited by adm; 27-01-18 at 22:12.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

wooders7 (28-01-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... well remembered.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    If you go to the timer menu, highlight the problem timer and hit the info button on the remote you should get a log of that single timer. If its a repeating problem timer it may be better to delete the historic log information and let it just record the log for the next occurrence of the problem.
    Useful info; thanks very much.