Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABM 40988 not locking

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If the first five channels work with 41069 in ABM, then that is your NetID.

If some channels are not working, you have a signal issue. Changing ABM frequencies won't help you with that. You either have too much/little power on certain frequencies.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If the first five channels work with 41069 in ABM, then that is your NetID.

If some channels are not working, you have a signal issue. Changing ABM frequencies won't help you with that. You either have too much/little power on certain frequencies.
    Even though before the ABM scan I can watch for example BT sport2 HD and after the ABM scan it is black? same with other channels like MTV HD or Sky sports PL etc ...

Shouldn't they have been black from the very beginning ?

Title
    Thanks
    There are multiple copies of the services/channels. Which are you selecting. State the frequency. For testing purposes, I suggest:
    Revert to the default skin as that will show you the frequency.
    Select service from service list, not bouquet. Note down the frquencies.
    Check service in bouquet and compare frequency.

All ABM does is obtain teh tuning parameters form the data stream that the broadcaster/provider sends. It then writes them to the lamedb, which holds the tuning paramters. The thread you have piggy backed on is just to tell ABM what frequency to try and obtain the data from. The subsequent data it gets, is not affected by the frequency ABM uses to get it. For UK cable, you can run ABM on any frequency you can get a lock on.

You can do your own tests.
    Use Notepad++, not windows notepad.
    Edit the provider file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    Delete the providers.cache
    Restart Enigma2
    Run ABM again.

You may also wish to run the Nit Anlyser in this thread
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ged-areas-(UK)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (31-01-18),bugaloo41 (31-01-18),southsimon (31-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    There are multiple copies of the services/channels. Which are you selecting. State the frequency. For testing purposes, I suggest:
    Revert to the default skin as that will show you the frequency.
    Select service from service list, not bouquet. Note down the frquencies.
    Check service in bouquet and compare frequency.

All ABM does is obtain teh tuning parameters form the data stream that the broadcaster/provider sends. It then writes them to the lamedb, which holds the tuning paramters. The thread you have piggy backed on is just to tell ABM what frequency to try and obtain the data from. The subsequent data it gets, is not affected by the frequency ABM uses to get it. For UK cable, you can run ABM on any frequency you can get a lock on.

You can do your own tests.
    Use Notepad++, not windows notepad.
    Edit the provider file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
    Delete the providers.cache
    Restart Enigma2
    Run ABM again.

You may also wish to run the Nit Anlyser in this thread
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ged-areas-(UK)
    Thanks for all the information. I will give it a go and let you know what happened. In the meantime I just wanted to tell you that I looked at the frequency and for bt sport 2 hd and mtv hdthe working frequency with no abm is 602 and after abm scan it is on 746. The net id used is 41069. Now I'll the steps above and try and change the frequency manually in that file.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian-t View Post
    Thanks for all the information. I will give it a go and let you know what happened. In the meantime I just wanted to tell you that I looked at the frequency and for bt sport 2 hd and mtv hdthe working frequency with no abm is 602 and after abm scan it is on 746. The net id used is 41069. Now I'll the steps above and try and change the frequency manually in that file.
    What do I need to do in this case where I have to look at fixing various channel frequencies in the ABM? It was my mistake to assume the issue was with the NetID frequency.

Title
    Thanks
    Your issue has nothing to do with ABM.

As in post 31, you need to adjust your signal power/quality

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

adrian-t (01-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Are you sure there is no local issue? A few areas are reporting problems prior to the switching off of frequencies for older type Virgin boxes and forcing everyone to card-less receivers . Check your official box/virgin's status page.

Title
    Thanks
    Your issue has nothing to do with ABM.

As in post 31, you need to adjust your signal power/quality
    I really don't mean to sound like a noob but how is it a signal quality issue if after the tuner scan I can watch these channels just fine and after the ABM scan these channels' frequency changes and get just a black screen? I will stop bothering with my nonsense after this question I promise.

Title
    Thanks
    When did this problem occur? Was it fine before?

Title
    Thanks
    It is the first time I use this service. I installed a couple of weeks ago and I never really went through the channels one by one as I assumed all were working. Only when I wanted to watch specifically BT Sport2 is when I notice its black. Then I started reading and followed various instructions regarding ABM and NetID issues. I re-scanned Tuner b without the ABM and went through channels one by one to find out if the scan actually locks on them or that I have this signal issue where some channels won't clear. To my surprise these channels were found in the tuner scan. Strangely enough, their respective picons allowed me to find them because without the ABM the names were scrambled like in the pics.

In the same order I attach pics of how I performed actions:

Run tuner scan (554 channels found) - BT Sport 2 HD(works, scrambled name, correct picon) - Working frequency:602MHz, symbol rate:6952000 - Run ABM scan (398 video and XX radio) and same channel with frequency not working:746MHz, symbol rate:6952000

IMG_20180130_091508[1].jpgIMG_20180130_092457[1].jpgIMG_20180131_200319[1].jpgIMG_20180131_202320[1].jpg
    Last edited by adrian-t; 01-02-18 at 18:07.

Title
    Thanks
    Please accept ABM only obtains the frequencies to use from the broadcaster. We only adapt the frequency that ABM uses to tune to into order to get them.

For references purposes, you may wish to use this guide to get screenshots
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-attach-files

Can you view any other services on 746 MHz?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the guide. I will follow it for future reference.

Can't view other services on 746MHz. I haven't seen many more channels on 746MHz but the ones i did notice : MTV HD, Nickelodeon, BT sport 2 HD were all before the ABM scan on 602MHz

Title
    Thanks
    Do you get a signal lock on 746Mhz Please check in signal finder.

BTW the services/channels that do not have proper names are test channels or those in transition.

Title
    Thanks
    Cable services do not change that often. There is no need to run ABM regularly if you are just on cable. Rename the service and manually move it with remote. You will have to do this after an ABM run.

Title
    Thanks
    Cable services do not change that often. There is no need to run ABM regularly if you are just on cable. Rename the service and manually move it with remote. You will have to do this after an ABM run.
    Hey Abu, I checked the signal finder and there is no signal on 746MHz or on any other frequency above 700MHz. You think I should normally do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast