Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Possible bug with timers and going into deep standby (5.1.012)

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
OpenViX 5.1.012 (2018-01-18)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Possible bug with timers and going into deep standby (5.1.012)

Title
    Thanks

Possible bug with timers and going into deep standby (5.1.012)

Hi,

since updating to 5.1.012 I have noticed that after the DUO2 has finished a timer recording it no longer enters deep-standby. I am not totally sure if this started to occur with 5.1.011 or 5.1.012, I was only on 5.1.011 for a very short time before 5.1.012 was released. I will do some more testing, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

By the way, the timers are all auto-timers and the "After Event" setting is set to "Standard". I haven't tried a manual timer yet, but will give one a try and see what happens.

tia

Craig

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Mine works ok with "After Event" set to "go to deep standby", so it might be an issue with "Standard", although I've not noticed that setting before.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, it is now beginning to look like a false alarm. I cannot get it to fail with auto-timers. Still need to try with a manual timer but I suspect it will work as expected. I suspect it was an end user ID10T error (as in IDIOT)

Craig

Title
    Thanks
    I was going to post a similar question:

I only want "After Event" to "go to deep standby" if the box was in Deep Standby before the recording started, but not otherwise. I thought the "standard" setting should do this, or at least place the box in Standby. Instead I've noticed it is left on after a recording. What setting(s) should I use so the box reverts to its previous setting (On/Standby/Deep Standby) after a recording?
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Can confirm it works as expected for both auto and manual one off timers. By that I mean if the After Event setting is set to "Standard" it does go into deep standby once the timer finishes. If the unit is being used (not in standby) when that happens then a message box pops on the screen up saying the timer has finished and do you want to continue the shutdown.

I also noticed that "deep standby" was also an option in timers, but seeing the default setting of "Standard" seemed to do what I wanted I didn't see much point in changing it.

Not sure what happened earlier on, but whatever it was, it appears to have been a one off or a very rare occurrence, whatever it is.

Craig
    Last edited by bsod; 26-01-18 at 15:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Craig, I just did a test with a manual timer and it worked as advertised. So, my earlier observation must have been wrong, or also an one off ...
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Just an observation, timer after event values are auto, go to standby, go to deep standby, do nothing.
    Autotimers also have the standard option.

Timers created from an autotimer with after event of standard, end up with after event of auto.
    Last edited by ccs; 26-01-18 at 20:14.