Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Watched media and recordings not marked as watched if played to end

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Watched media and recordings not marked as watched if played to end

Title
    Thanks

Watched media and recordings not marked as watched if played to end

Upgraded from V4 to see if this bug had been fixed but no luck.

When playing media either from connected USB HD or local network, if "STOP" is pressed before the end of the programme, the green dot changes to yellow as expected (various percent filled).
    However, if I let the programme run to the end, the dot remains green ("unwatched") which makes it nigh on impossible to quickly watch an episode in a full series.
    I assume the green dot should be replaced with a full yellow dot when a programme has been watched.

Hope there's a quick fix

Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    This has always been the case. If you have watched the film or tv show and you let it lapse n finish, it will turn to green/stay green. If you stop the film or tv show at the credits it shows as yellow etc. So dunno if its a bug or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... I guess if you fall asleep half way thru' a programme and it runs to the end, you won't think you've watched it because it's marked yellow@100%.

Title
    Thanks
    Haha if this is the logic applied, it may as well not start playing in case you fall asleep.
    It is a pain as I have to use another box to watch series as it marks watched episodes as watched so I know where I'm up to.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... it is so difficult to stop the programme before it runs to the end?

Title
    Thanks
    Some of my videos have no warning they are about to stop. Plus I am trying to get it to continuously play a folder without me doing anything (that was going to be my next question - Behavior when movie reaches the end never seems to get saved no matter how many times I change it but that's for later).
    So you're saying it is a bug & the workaround is to stop it prematurely? That's fine, as long as I wasn't missing something obvious

Thx

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... you call it a bug, I call it a feature.

"Behaviour when movie reaches the end" works ok for me.

I've got it set to pause at end of programme, and it gets marked yellow@0% !!!
    Last edited by ccs; 16-01-18 at 10:44.

Title
    Thanks
    I really can't see the logic of marking a programme unwatched after you watched it to the end but hey, agree to differ.
    So when you change "Behaviour when movie reaches the end" & go back in, it remembers the setting? Just tried setting individual settings for each directory to no & it remembers it but doesn't seem to do the job I was after but I'll have a play before reporting another feature

Title
    Thanks

Watched media and recordings not marked as watched if played to end

When the tv show/film has finished, highlight the file in your media list and press menu and mark as watched (if it lets you).

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    "Behaviour when movie reaches the end" works ok for me.

I've got it set to pause at end of programme, and it gets marked yellow@0% !!!
    ....In case you missed my edit.

It looks like this option actually works as you wanted, and it even lets you know that it reached the end of the programme.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

phester (16-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I did miss that (edit?) - but yes, I just tried pausing at end of programme & it marks it as watched - thank you

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    When the tv show/film has finished, highlight the file in your media list and press menu and mark as watched (if it lets you).

Although that solves initial issue, it's not really operating as expected. If you watch the entire program then it should be marked as watched. You shouldn't have to go back in and mark as watched just so it shows correctly.

Think of emails in outlook... You read an email and come out of it but it continues to be marked as "unread"!!

I've not looked into it but surely if there is a bit of code that marks recording as "read" then this bit of code needs to be applied at end of any program. It's obvious at end of each program, some other code is read (ie to determine what to do next - restart, pause, etc) so before determing what to do next, it can apply code to that sets program as "read"

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with you fully. I just commented that its always been like this as far as I can remember. I’ll ask a Dev members thoughts on this issue.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (16-01-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I agree with you fully. I just commented that its always been like this as far as I can remember. I’ll ask a Dev members thoughts on this issue.
    Got to say, never noticed it myself but always just stop the playback once credits show