Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM - SWAP HD Channels

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ABM - SWAP HD Channels

I am using ABM, and the CustomMix file functionality (tried the CustomLCN also), and I am also using the swap HD Channel option in ABM config.

I would like to keep ITV2 ITV3 ITV4 in the ABM line-up as the SD variants (and not swap for HD) WITHOUT editing the "provider file". The HD regional channel variants for BBC's etc are FTA, hence why I do the "HD swap" in ABM. So the line up I would like is that 118 / 119 and 120 do not "swap, when the other channels do.

Root\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\ AutoBouquetsMaker

<channel number="118" with="207" /><!-- ITV2 HD -->
    <channel number="119" with="208" /><!-- ITV3 HD -->
    <channel number="120" with="225" /><!-- ITV4 HD -->

Would be grateful if anyone knows how to do this with the ABM custom folder functionality - have read that the "custom" functionality is applied before the provider file?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You ought to provide your debug log. This shows exactly what options you are running and avoids the guesswork. You ought to post your custom file too.

This is so you get the help you need.

Link below here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions

Link above here

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You ought to provide your debug log. This shows exactly what options you are running and avoids the guesswork. You ought to post your custom file too.

This is so you get the help you need.
    @Abu Baniaz - many thanks as always, you are so very quick to give your help and advice - thanks

I am looking for "support", and have not reported a bug. Perhaps I over complicated my post - I simply want to understand (if it can be done) "how can I prevent certain HD swaps happening as defined in the <swapchannels> paragraph of the sat_282_sky_uk.xml providers file for ABM WITHOUT editing this "master" system file. As noted above I do not want channels 118, 119 and 120 to be swapped with their HD equivalents 207, 208 and 225, whilst BBC 1, BBC 2, UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 HD equivalents are swapped (all are FTA). If this can be done, I would like to know how please, thanks.

NB - I use CustomMix to get SaorView integrated into bouquet - you @Abu Baniaz were kind enough to help me with this solution.

I tried a customLCN file (which will do re-numbering as stated in the readme), BUT it will not anchor the "original" SD channels - the readme says the "custom" files are applied before the providers file....

<custom>
    <include>yes</include>
    <lcnlist>

<configuration lcn="118" channelnumber="118" description="ITV2"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="119" channelnumber="119" description="ITV3"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="120" channelnumber="120" description="ITV4"></configuration>

<configuration lcn="207" channelnumber="207" description="ITV2 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="208" channelnumber="208" description="ITV3 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="225" channelnumber="225" description="ITV4 HD"></configuration>

</lcnlist>
    </custom>

I hope this detail helps

Title
    Thanks
    The debug logs shows exactly what setting you are using. It is not just for reporting logs. Otherwise, a guessing game as to what you are using. I've posted two links for you to read. Never mind

Anyway, Using a custom mix file
    You have to delete the unwanted and swapped HD ones from the bouquet. This makes space.
    You then have to insert the SD ones into the now vacant slots.

Code:
        <deletes>
            <delete target="118"></delete>
            <delete target="119"></delete>
            <delete target="120"></delete>
        </deletes>

<inserts>
            <insert target="118" source="207" provider="sat_282_sky_uk" ></insert>
            <insert target="119" source="208" provider="sat_282_sky_uk" ></insert>
            <insert target="120" source="225" provider="sat_282_sky_uk" ></insert>
        </inserts>

Title
    Thanks
    Modified an old version of dsayers mix file for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (15-01-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Modified an old version of dsayers mix file for you.
    Hi @Abu Baniaz - Thanks very much, however I am afraid the swaps of the "HD" with the original FTA SD ITV channels did not work - The HD versions are still in the EPG at positions 118 / 119 / 120. For simplicity I have used the CustomMix that you attached.

From testing the "deletes" do indeed work, but as noted above the inserts put back the "HD" versions of the ITV channels in the above slots. Debug log created per your instructions and attached.

Enigma2_debug_2018-01-15_12-07-22.log

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    We'll have another look when more time is available.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (16-01-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Would using add via I'd work? I'll have a look when I get chance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ok for testing I've tried via add by ID

Code:
    <custommix>
    	<inserts>
    	</inserts>
    	<streams>
    	</streams>
    	<deletes>
    		<!-- Delete channels that have been swapped, to remove duplication -->
    	</deletes>
    	<hacks>
    <![CDATA[

rename = {

}

channels_to_add_by_id = {
    	6240: 118, # ITV 2
    	6260: 119, # ITV 3
    	6272: 120, # ITV 4
    }

broken_TSIDS = [
    ]

# Channel renames
    for service in sorted(customised["video"].keys()):
    	if "channel_id" in customised["video"][service] and customised["video"][service]["channel_id"] in rename:
    		customised["video"][service]["interactive_name"] = rename[customised["video"][service]["channel_id"]]

# Add channels by ID
    	if "channel_id" in customised["video"][service] and customised["video"][service]["channel_id"] in channels_to_add_by_id:
    		customised["video"][channels_to_add_by_id[customised["video"][service]["channel_id"]]] = customised["video"][service]
    		del customised["video"][service]

# Remove encrypted services from certain transport streams (will still be in lamedb)
    	if customised["video"][service]["transport_stream_id"] in broken_TSIDS and customised["video"][service]["free_ca"] != 0:
    		del customised["video"][service]

]]>
        </hacks>
    	<instructions>
    <![CDATA[

]]>
    	</instructions>
    </custommix>
    This was using custom region with channel swap yes.

I get no channels on 118 to 120 but the HD veriants on 207, 208 and 225 maybe someone can solve it.

Maybe just remove the swaps from the provider file till someone can solve it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

sigpark (17-01-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Ok for testing I've tried via add by ID.......

......I get no channels on 118 to 120 but the HD veriants on 207, 208 and 225 maybe someone can solve it.

Maybe just remove the swaps from the provider file till someone can solve it.
    Thanks for trying @dsayers and confirming the issue. I had read "swaps" were applied last, so perhaps that is what is happening? Agree, the three lines pertaining to these swaps can in the short term be removed from the providers file sat_282_sky_uk.xml