Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Subtitles not showing

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Subtitles not showing

Hey Guys

I downloaded a few shows that i watch and have transferred them to my xtrend 10000 hardrive. The problem is that the subtitles do not show. I do not get it because when i check my laptop, it shows the subtitle and the video file has been transferred to the hardrive. It works on my PC using vlc or km player but not when i watch on my TV. I press the subtitle button but i get that no entry sign indicating there are no subtitles to turn on. The video file and the subtitle file are named exactly the same so it knows they are linked.
    Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So you are playing the files directly using the TV's in-built software? Maybe it (the Android or other TV system) cannot handle this form of subtitle.... you may have to incorporate them directly into the file, using something like Handbrake.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So you are playing the files directly using the TV's in-built software? Maybe it (the Android or other TV system) cannot handle this form of subtitle.... you may have to incorporate them directly into the file, using something like Handbrake.
    I'm just transferring the episodes into my movie folder via USB stick. The file has the video and the subtitle on it but it's not picking it up when I try play it on my xtrend.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try the audio button on the remote.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Try the audio button on the remote.
    That just turns off the audio. Nothing to do with subtitles. The weirdest thing is that i downloaded a film and did the same thing with the subtitles and it worked for the film. The subtitles were embedded within the video. But i do this with a few other shows that i watch it it doesnt work. Strange

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm having issues with SRT subtitle playback myself with 5.1.009 on my Solo2. I've just reflashed with various versions to find out where it got broken. Its working fine up to version 5.1.004 and is broken from 5.1.006 onward. You can downgrade to 5.1.004 and restore your settings if you are on the latest version as a workaround until it gets fixed.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

jointer (23-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    I'm having issues with SRT subtitle playback myself with 5.1.009 on my Solo2. I've just reflashed with various versions to find out where it got broken. Its working fine up to version 5.1.004 and is broken from 5.1.006 onward. You can downgrade to 5.1.004 and restore your settings if you are on the latest version as a workaround until it gets fixed.
    Are you sure it is do with the image version?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What version are you using??
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I’ve never had any joy with external subtitles. Embedded ones no problems on the other hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've never had problems with SRT files until recently. I watch a lot of foreign stuff.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I’ve never had any joy with external subtitles. Embedded ones no problems on the other hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well thats the thing. I downloaded a film and then i downloaded the subtitle separately and i then renamed the subtitle exactly the same as the movie file. I then transferred both files onto my movie list on my xtrend 10000. The subtitles played fine. Now i did the same thing with other shows and it does not pick the subtitles up. Weird