Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: reprogramme remote control

Title
    Thanks

reprogramme remote control

the volume buttons seemed to have suddenly stopped working.
    is there some kind of reprogramming of the remote i can try that might fix this?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Have you tried new batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Have you tried new batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes mate, that was the first thing i did.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi roy0110
    I wouln't know any way of reprogramming a a VU+ remote. I have been using a logitech Harmony 300 for years. Strange enough also the volume button does not work anymore. But I could reprogram it, using pref 2 as lower and pref 4 as increase the volume. If you need in the end a new remote I would recommend a Logitech Harmony 350.
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Hi roy0110
    I wouln't know any way of reprogramming a a VU+ remote. I have been using a logitech Harmony 300 for years. Strange enough also the volume button does not work anymore. But I could reprogram it, using pref 2 as lower and pref 4 as increase the volume. If you need in the end a new remote I would recommend a Logitech Harmony 350.
    nekrub2
    thank you nekrub2,
    i already have a harmony remote myself for use on one of my boxes.
    this other remote that needs fixing is for a friend who is reluctant to splash out the extra cash for a harmony (and even another vu+ remote)
    i'm sure he will give-in in the end though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    have you tried to reset the remote or reprogram the remote for the needed TV? As you might know the VU remotes are universal ones which can also control a TV.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    have you tried to reset the remote or reprogram the remote for the needed TV? As you might know the VU remotes are universal ones which can also control a TV.

ciao
    hi Trial.
    that is something i have not tried but i don't think it would make any difference.
    with the tv remote you have to turn the tv volume to max just to hear a tiny bit of audio from the receiver.
    it's like the volume on the receiver is turned down to minimum with no way of turning it up because the volume up/down buttons don't work.
    and of course once the receiver is switched off, the TV switches to a terrestrial tv channel and the volume is on full and deafening!
    i was hoping of some way to get the vu+ remote volume buttons working to control the receivers volume, then maybe it would be a bonus to use at as a universal.

Title
    Thanks
    Try an app on a smartphone or webif.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    use web interface of the Solo2 there you can set the volume independent from the remote and other settings.

because the volume up/down buttons don't work.
    this is the reason you should reset the remote. Perhaps the remote was programed for a TV by accident and after reset the remote will be on default which means control volume of box and not TV.

Another possibility is CEC. When the box was on min when CEC was enable you also have no possibility to control volume of box with remote.

ciao
    Last edited by Trial; 12-01-18 at 08:53.
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard