Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Solo2 bricked

Title
    Thanks

Solo2 bricked

Genuine VU+ Solo2 IpabTv image has been working fine for past 3 years but was adding IPTV m3u to HDD via ftp and it went into a loop. unplugged and repowered up...snow screen only now. Will not reflash through any usb port, tried 3 different usb pens all formatted FAT 32 and cleaned.
    I did notice that the IP address stays the same no matter how many times it is restarted. Is there a way to repair/reboot/restart from FlashFXP screen?

Thanks

Peter

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I would find an old, memory stick (it needs minimal memory to hold the image), format fat32, copy the image folder and try again...... make sure all other devices are removed from other ports.
    Usb flashing can be a pain.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I would find an old, memory stick (it needs minimal memory to hold the image), format fat32, copy the image folder and try again...... make sure all other devices are removed from other ports.
    Usb flashing can be a pain.

I have tried that with 3 different usb sticks in each of the 3 usb ports using 2 different images!! I have a full backup on the internal HDD but dont know to load it from Flashfxp page.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pedronomix View Post
    I have tried that with 3 different usb sticks in each of the 3 usb ports using 2 different images!! I have a full backup on the internal HDD but dont know to load it from Flashfxp page.
    By any chance are you using a mac?

what is happening when trying to reflash is it reading the update?

can you ftp to the receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Having read your 1st post fully (), suggest you contact your supplier, we don‘t support Ipabtv
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You say a snow screen now, after unplugging everything. A wild guess is you unplugged the HDMI lead from the receiver while it was Live? If so you will have most likely caused damaged to the mainboard. Try the Scart port if your TV supports one and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)