Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crash log attached re recording crashes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK figures out how to reboot.

Just running epg import now, will then try to record from GEPG and report back. If all good, I will then use Xtream epg and try to record from GEPG.
    The service ref for Sky One starts with 4097:0:1:8900.....
    Sky one HD is similar
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Crashed after recording using record button within epg guide after epg import plugin being ran.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can't currently get the epg to run through Xtream so will need to report back on this but at least we know it is definitely crashing when epg refresh has been run and hopefully this is useful

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That service reference is an IPTV streaming reference. I have my box set to use 1: .... service reference for IPTV as on my box this doesn't result in me having viewing issues whereas 4097 serv references do. This maybe why I couldn't re-create issue.

Within Sul's plugin, there is an option about making serv references use IPTV (4097: ...) or not (ie normal 1: ...)

Could you, backup image and save locally and try following...

Change option within Sul's to not use IPTV streams and re-run plugin. This should mean your serv ref's like Sky 1 will begin with 1:

View a channel via bouquet list (not IPTV plugin like XC) just to check nothing wrong with watching IPTV streams with 1: at beginning. Most boxes are ok with this but not all (I hear).

If you can watch sky one via bouquet (generated by sul's) then init 4 again and delete epg.dat and "init 6" or "reboot" to reboot box and try recording again.

UPDATE: Sounds like epg import is issue or the EPG being imported from your supplier is issue. You mention epg refresh. Do you have cable tuner? Sky doesn't use epg refresh but not sure about teresterial tv.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 03-01-18 at 20:28.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

duoduo (03-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    How do i now reboot please? Not familiar with using ssh commands
    If you are logged in and have typed init 4 you can reboot the box by typing:
    Code:
    reboot
    or just retart the GUI (which init 4 stopped) by typing:
    Code:
    init 3
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

duoduo (03-01-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Crashes when also using Xtream epg too. You got me thinking about something I have done recently actually bbbuk. I changed to have each bouquet start at channel number 1, not sure if this could be causing the conflict? Can't now remember how to disable?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    SULS plugin being E2m3u2bouquetmaker you need to select a provider to generate bouquets? Epg importer is how I can get the epg, here I can choose to not select provider/iptv supplier. Is this what you mean.

Sorry for confusing matters by mentioning epg refresh it was meant to say importer.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Found the setting for channel numbers and reverted to no. Still crashes on pressing record button inside epg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    I changed to have each bouquet start at channel number 1, not sure if this could be causing the conflict? Can't now remember how to disable?
    I'm not sure how you could ever enable this (given that the EPG numbers channels consecutively from one as they appear in bouquets). Nor why you would want to, as you'll then have multiple channels numbered "1", so what would happen when you press the "1" key?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I changed to have each bouquet start at channel number 1, not sure if this could be causing the conflict? Can't now remember how to disable?
    It is called alternate numbering.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm not sure how you could ever enable this (given that the EPG numbers channels consecutively from one as they appear in bouquets). Nor why you would want to, as you'll then have multiple channels numbered "1", so what would happen when you press the "1" key?
    The 1 button is only relevant to the bouquet you are in not for all at the same time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @duoduo, I just did following...

1. Flashed new 009, did ABM scan, ensured epg.dat didn't exist and used crossepg to download EPG for sky channels as generated by ABM.
    2. I then setup/ran suls plugin for my IPTV provider and checked bouquets generated by suls plugin are viewable
    3. then setup (runs few mins after crossepg has ran) and then ran epg importer for my IPTV provider (as listed under suls plugin within epg importer sources)
    4. viewed the bouquets generated by suls plugin (ie IPTV entertainment bouquet) and could press <REC> button from within graphical EPG and record the channel.

I did this for few different channels - all without any crashes at all.

I believe this is best I could do as similar to what you're doing except it's your IPTV provider not one I'm using (but just in case i'll PM you my provider in case we're using same one).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    What happens if you press Add Timer with the current programme selected in the EPG?
    No crash birdman
    Did you successfully manage to record a programme when using green button?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Unfortunately not buddy, still crashes when trying to record anything. Have you had similar experience? Pain in the arse really because I would love to set multiple future recordings but jai won't allow, always crashes the receiver. I am using the latest Vix image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It must have been the skin guys... I have changed the skin last night to Onyx by Kiddac and I now have the ability to set lots of future recordings within all EPG screens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast