Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crash log attached re recording crashes

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    OK. So we now know the conditions that cause it,and those that don't.

However, I don't have any IPTV channels set up, and even if I did I wouldn't have any EPG for them, so unless someone knows of a way for anyone to set this all up I don't have anything to test with.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Using 5.1 002 on my Solo2, pressing the REC button on remote to record an IPTV stream (Sky 1 in my example), I had no crashes. I will try this with 008 in a bit.

This is using CrossEPG (OpenTV) to obtain the EPG for this and other sky channels.

@duoduo, could you post the bouquet file that contains your details for Sky 1 (as in my example) but remember to mask/hide any username/password that maybe mentioned in any URL for that - or any other personally identifiable info.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Pressing record in "live TV" does not cause the problem.

It only happens in an EPG screen. The act of recording itself is not the cause, it is having a non-existent variable.

Code:
    <171829.222> TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

There is another crash elsewhere in the EPG system. The problem is invoking it reliably to cause the crash and then try to fix it. I had a few crashes due to EPG being messed up owing to the other issue
    Code:
    < 20437.920> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Pressing record in "live TV" does not cause the problem.

It only happens in an EPG screen. The act of recording itself is not the cause, it is having a non-existent variable.

Code:
    <171829.222> TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

There is another crash elsewhere in the EPG system. The problem is invoking it reliably to cause the crash and then try to fix it. I had a few crashes due to EPG being messed up owing to the other issue
    Code:
    < 20437.920> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'int'
    Forgot to mention I was doing this from GEPG screen.

I thought I read it wasn't intermittent issue and happened all the time whilst pressing <REC> button on remote from within any EPG screen.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    That's caused by it looking for a serviceref and not finding it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I thought I read it wasn't intermittent issue and happened all the time whilst pressing <REC> button on remote from within any EPG screen.
    But requires you to have an IPTV bouguet with EPG data. Hence I can't reproduce it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, I flashed to .008 (same as OP), with restore of settings for quickness.

I proceeded to record several different IPTV streams (not at same time) from within G-EPG screen by pressing the <REC> button. I did try different streams for about 10mins and I couldn't re-create constant crashing as mentioned by OP.

This is on Solo2 using just OpenTV (via CrossEPG) as EPG provider.

This is also not an IPTV bouquet rather it is normal ABM bouquets with sky IPTV streams added in as per new feature added by @Heuvos. This ensures that the service reference is actual service reference for that channel rather than IPTV bouquet using another service reference?!?

Or maybe could it be a corrupt EPG?

Is it not possible to code in a check of some description to ensure there is something in the variable?

Would debug logs log the EPG info/variable in question?
    Last edited by bbbuk; 01-01-18 at 19:31.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys thanks firstly for continuing with trying to solve this issue. To be clear, I am using epg import for the majority of the iptv epg via SULS E2m3u2bouquetmaker. I think also, that Xtream is also downloading some epg but only when I do this manually using the plugin. The crash was already happening prior to using Xtream epg...

I have also recently setup bouquets via Xtream editor, this is a mix of dvb-t and iptv. I preferred to use this option as it was easier for me to understand to achieve what I wanted to do.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have just checked the service reference for sky one and sky atlantic that is produced by suls bouquet maker and that produced by ABM. They are both different so that probably means you couldn't use crossepg/opentv as that would go by official service reference i'm guessing. Not sure what service reference suls (ie IPTV provider) uses.

Anyhow, the most obvious difference between recording via <REC> button and AddTimer (green button I believe), is that they both call RecordTimerQuestion but one method passes "True" when calling it and the other doesn't. The AddTimer method passes the "True" to RecordTimerQuestion.

However, this code hasn't changed in over 6 months.

Could it be due to invalid service reference?

@DuoDuo, what source is used within EPG Import?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The iptv providers own source is used in epg importer bbbuk, you select this in the sources area...
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    The iptv providers own source is used in epg importer bbbuk, you select this in the sources area...
    Does your IPTV provider support 7 day EPG?

@Abu/@Birdman, could this be reason why it crashes but obviously there is still question of why one method handles the recording ok and the other method crashes out.

@DuoDuo, off topic but have you thought about using ABM and replacing the black channels with IPTV instead? This method allows you to use OpenTV/CrossEPG with full 7 day EPG support (if your EPG provider doesn't support full 7 days)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Current iptv provider only supports five day I believe. I was going to do the ABM way today and then realised I can't run it because I no longer have a sat dish... This is something that has only started happening in the last two builds bbbuk

Title
    Thanks
    @Abu/@Birdman, could this be reason why it crashes but obviously there is still question of why one method handles the recording ok and the other method crashes out.
    Te one that crashes out is looking up a serviceref in the EPG data and not finding it. That's from looking at the source code location reported in the crash.
    Not having any IPTV channels I can't reproduce this.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Trying to trace back through the code and EpgSelection or EpgList haven't been amended in at least 6 months. Couldn't find any obvious (to me) relevant code that changed since last 2 releases ago when this was ok!

I've just recorded an IPTV channel from a IPTV bouquet that was created with sul's plugin same as OP. I didn't have an issue with crashing.

@DuoDuo, on one of the channels that crashes (ie Sky One HD), can you check the relevant bouquet and does the service reference for this specific channel begin with "1:" ?

Sorry if you have mentioned this earlier but have you put box to sleep (init 4) and deleted your epg.dat file and rebooted then downloaded EPG again?
    Last edited by bbbuk; 02-01-18 at 22:32.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Trying to trace back through the code and EpgSelection or EpgList haven't been amended in at least 6 months. Couldn't find any obvious (to me) relevant code that changed since last 2 releases ago when this was ok!

I've just recorded an IPTV channel from a IPTV bouquet that was created with sul's plugin same as OP. I didn't have an issue with crashing.

@DuoDuo, on one of the channels that crashes (ie Sky One HD), can you check the relevant bouquet and does the service reference for this specific channel begin with "1:" ?

Sorry if you have mentioned this earlier but have you put box to sleep (init 4) and deleted your epg.dat file and rebooted then downloaded EPG again?
    I will let you know re the service ref once the receiver has rebooted. Put it to sleep using init 4 and deleted the epg.data file. How do i now reboot please? Not familiar with using ssh commands

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast