Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unresponsive remotes

Title
    Thanks

Unresponsive remotes

Hey,

i have a solo2 and have been using a duo remote(without red LED) with it since i got the solo2 about 3 or 4 years ago.

Last week the remote stopped working so i put new batteries in it and it still didn't work, so i began to use the remote that came with the Solo2 until i could order an older model remote without the LED. Within an hour the Solo2 remote stopped working. the red light was coming on but it didn't seem to be able to communicate with the box.

i assumed since the issue was on both remotes it was an issue with the image or the box. so i cleaned the front of the box incase dust or something was interfacing with the IR receiver but no luck.
    I used the TV remote for the last few days to control the receiver using HDMI CEC but it is missing a few essential buttons. While using the TV remote i figured out that if one of the remotes is unresponsive if i control the receiver using the TV remote the vu remote starts working again.

I assumed this is an issue with the image 5.0 build 23 i had on it so i updated to 5.1 build 6 and its still the same.

I'm at a loss what could be the issue as it seems to work intermittently and all the batteries Im using are new unused Duracell batteries.

I haven't added or installed any plugins/hardware/USB in months to the solo2 and find it strange this is happening all of a sudden.

Does anyone have any idea the cause of the issue?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alankellyeire For This Useful Post:

SpaceRat (31-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    No issues on latest image with the Vu+ Solo2 remote here.
    You have any energy saving appliances nearby your receiver/remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (30-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    all thats next to the reciever is a mobile broadband router thats been there for years and an android tv box thats been there for a few weeks.

do you think the android tv box could be causing the issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You could try powering off the android tv box to see if it makes any difference. Or could it be a bad batch of batteries? Use a high quality grade of battery rather than cheap alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (30-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    just tired unpluging the android box and still the same. i doubt its the batteries as they are new duracell batteries but ill buy more tomorrow and hopefully that will sort it other wise ill have to buy a new box, as i cant listen to the misses go on about it anymore.

on another note i bought a new older type vu remote off ebay and it doesnt seem right. i know there was clones of the new remotes but not sure if there was clones of the old remotes.

Title
    Thanks
    my duo remote won't operate my solo2, remote mode for duo is 0001 & for solo2 is it 0003 ? there's only 4 modes 0001 0002 0003 0004, maybe new remote is on wrong mode?

Title
    Thanks
    u can change those modes easily in the openvix image. it works sometimes like the others but it just doesn't feel right. i think its a clone but dont know how to tell.

seller said it was an original.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 30-12-17 at 17:27.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A clone remote won't feel right. Spongy buttons etc.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    u can change those modes easily in the openvix image. it works sometimes like the others but it just doesn't feel right. i think its a clone but dont know how to tell.

seller said it was an original.
    I know how to change the remote modes, but was suggesting if the modes were your issue, the remote shouldn't be able to operate both the duo & solo2 , that was what I was trying to say,
    some of the ebay remotes will work older vu boxes & their cloned counterparts

just had a quick look and remote mode for solo/duo is 0001 while remote mode for solo2 is 0002
    Last edited by samsid; 30-12-17 at 21:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samsid View Post
    I know how to change the remote modes, but was suggesting if the modes were your issue, the remote shouldn't be able to operate both the duo & solo2 , that was what I was trying to say,
    some of the ebay remotes will work older vu boxes & their cloned counterparts

just had a quick look and remote mode for solo/duo is 0001 while remote mode for solo2 is 0002
    Modes wouldn't cause the intermittent issues im having. if on the wrong mode the remote would not be able to control the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    A clone remote won't feel right. Spongy buttons etc.
    Ill have to contact the seller and hopefully get a refund. this remote is terrible, buttons keep getting stuck.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    Modes wouldn't cause the intermittent issues im having. if on the wrong mode the remote would not be able to control the receiver.

Ill have to contact the seller and hopefully get a refund. this remote is terrible, buttons keep getting stuck.
    the point I was trying to make duo & solo2 use different modes, so how did the duo remote operate your solo2? I have 2 solo2 boxes & the remote from my old duo won't operate either, all are genuine

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I use the remote from from my old Uno on my solo2. Keeping the new one as a spare. No code changes required (I think code 2 for both models)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

samsid (03-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samsid View Post
    the point I was trying to make duo & solo2 use different modes, so how did the duo remote operate your solo2? I have 2 solo2 boxes & the remote from my old duo won't operate either, all are genuine
    As i mentioned in post #7. You can change the mode the receiver operates on in the openvix settings. For the older type remotes such as the DUO remote you will have change the mode to 0001. Its as simple as that.

You can also change the code the remote operates on consult the remote instructions. See attached picture
    Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.49.07 a.m..png

Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    I use the remote from from my old Uno on my solo2. Keeping the new one as a spare. No code changes required (I think code 2 for both models)
    Thats because the Uno and solo2 remote operate on the same mode which is 2.

In regards to the remote i purchased off ebay. i asked the seller for a refund as its definitely a clone and he wants me to send it back. i paid for a courier to bring it over as i live in Ireland. The sellers UK->IRE postage fees were over £20 so i got my own courier. It will cost me more than what i will get refunded to send back so looks like i'm stuck with it.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 04-01-18 at 13:12.

Title
    Thanks
    I purchased new Duracell batteries but I'm still having the same intermittent issues with all remotes. I haven't had the android box on in days and have moved it far away from the solo2 so that can be removed as a possible cause.

i took the box apart last night to to see if there was maybe something internal wrong. I could see nothing so i gave it a good clean with compressed air, but still the same.

I have 5 other solo 2 was planning on changing the front bezzle from another one to see if that solves the issue. When taking it apart last night it looked like a simple cable connection connecting it to the rest of the receiver. By doing this hopefully i will know if its the IR receiver on the box that's causing the issue. I cant take one of the other receivers permanently as they are in use in other family members houses.

Does anyone else have any other idea on what i could try?

Is there a work around like using a USB IR receiver or add a Bluetooth dongle and use a Bluetooth remote. I really don't want to have to purchase another receiver and i doubt ill be able to get the front bezzle part if thats the issue.

Title
    Thanks
    ---Update---

Strangely enough all the remotes started working a few days after my last post, i dont know the reason why as nothing changed other than i moved the android box but even after moving the android box, the remotes were working intermittently for over a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast