Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorised Dish issues

Title
    Thanks

Motorised Dish issues

Hey guys , I normally use my ET8500 for viewing 28.2E , I have a motorised dish connected to my Technomate 5402HD

This week I have been using tuner D on my Xtrend to get some motorised channels tuned in i.e Thor , Hotbird etc , I have disconnected the cable from the Techno and put into Tuner D

I have a couple of issues -

Trying to do an automatic scan on Tuner D next to no channels are found , when using the motorised dish with the Technomate receiver hundreds of channels are found which makes me think the dish alignent is ok

I have used V hannibal channel list from the plug in menus and I can move the dish ok to pull in some channels on various satellites but very few channels tune in

I have some questions -

1) How do other Xtrend users find the sensitivity of the tuners for motorised use ? No issues ?
    2) Why doesnt Auto scan function work on tuner D but I can pull in some channels from a channel list ?
    3) How and where can I upload a full motorised up to date channel list into my favourites bouquet ?
    4) I would suspect a tuner config issue on my Xtrend but I have checked the settings and they appear ok , please see below

I'm running the very latest build for the Xtrend ET8500 from the downloads section, I have checked my tuner stats using dish pointer and these are the same as in my Technomate box

Tuner 1 28.2E - Fixed Dish

Tuner 2 28.2E -Fixed Dish

Tuner 3 28.2E -Fixed Dish

Tuner 4 - Motorised Dish

Tuner D config -

Simple
    Positioner
    Longitude 00X.000
    West
    0x3.200
    North
    Extra Motor options - No
    Force Legacy - No

Any help appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Your longitude and latitude don’t look right.
    Where are you in the uk? Use dishpointer website to get you correct position.
    What motor do you have?
    Is it set up for usals or disec on the technomate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Your longitude and latitude don’t look right.
    Where are you in the uk? Use dishpointer website to get you correct position.
    What motor do you have?
    Is it set up for usals or disec on the technomate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm using a dark Motor and Usals set up , I had a pro installer carry out the Motorised install a few years ago and have used the same position coordinates ( I havent disclosed all digits of the coordinates )

Ive just scanned 13.0 East with the Xtrend and found 38 channels

Removed the coax cable from tuner D and put into the Techno and scanned 781 channels
    Last edited by satnut2; 29-12-17 at 20:38.