Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABM with use of IPTV Streams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

ABM with use of IPTV Streams

Hi,

Thanks to the work that @Huevos has done by adding ability to use IPTV streams, I was then looking for a quicker/easier method of removing "HD" channels.

I know I can use the <deletes> tag but I have to go through all the channels and add all the HD channel numbers.

Therefore I thought about the old "custom" regional provider which was designed to remove HD channels and leave us with just SD channels.

Then I was going to use the new <streams> tag to replace certain channels with IPTV streams.

However, I couldn't seem to get this working. I removed my custommix file and tried just my regional custom area but some channels are missing (ie Sky1).

Now I know this channel wouldn't clear but was hoping it would still at least show so that I can then replace this channel with an IPTV stream.

Ultimately, I was looking for an easier way of removing HD channels leaving me with SD channels and any non working onces I can replace with IPTV streams. For the odd few where this isn't possible (ie +1 channels), I had planned on just using the <deletes> tag.

Am I correct in assuming the "custom" region is no longer working?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The streams insert will only work with channels that are already there so if Sky one is removed you can't replace it so you need to use HD region.

Abu's latest commit allows to force streams to empty slots so that should work but it forces service reference "1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:" https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...12d5310c965576 but then again it may not work if custom region removes the channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Ideally, I would like to have a custom option instead of separate regions.

Remember, we exclude the dead transponders. Make a separate provider file and delete the broken TSIDs lines

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB....xml#L465:L474

EDIT:
    Or delete this section
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB....xml#L528:L532

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (23-12-17),dsayers (22-12-17),gilvey (23-12-17)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    How does making Custom a separate function help? And what differences does it make here?

All the stuff BBUK is asking can be done in a CustomMix file in hacks section, probably with just a few lines of code.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (23-12-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies.

I sorted it out. I had forgotten that "custom" region settings (rather than usual SD or HD) removed those now dead transponders.

Thanks again to @Huevos for adding ability to use IPTV streams in place of channels.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 23-12-17 at 19:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Huevos

I've been using this feature for couple of months without an issue. Thank you.

Would it be easy/possible, to add service type to this feature?

So instead of using default service type 1: , could it be possible to specify gstreamer (4097) or another service type (5001 or 5002)?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    No it is not possible. Why would you want to do that?
    Last edited by Huevos; 04-02-18 at 21:37.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    No it is not possible. Why would you want to do that?
    Some IPTV streams have had little glitch recently but when I manually changed service ref of them so they begin with "4097:" instead of "1:" then it's okay as gstreamer takes over and buffers a few seconds.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

duoduo (05-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've submitted a pull request for consideration because using service type 1 for IPTV streams isn't always ideal as it requires constant stream with no interruption whereas other service types buffer the streams and therefore reduce buffer underruns/glitches.

There are several possible service types to use for IPTV streams (assuming one has added appropriate plugin) as taken from this thread:

Code:
    Recognised playback types
    1, processed by the SoC (for when buffering is not required),
    4097, processed by gstreamer via servicemp3,
    5001, processed by gestreamer via gst-player and
    5002, processed via extplayer3.
    Pull request here.

This is designed to compliment @Huevos commit here.

My coding skills aren't fantastic so apologies if this can be coded better

Thanks
    Last edited by bbbuk; 10-02-18 at 15:32.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

dsayers (11-02-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I've submitted a pull request for consideration because using service type 1 for IPTV streams isn't always ideal as it requires constant stream with no interruption whereas other service types buffer the streams and therefore reduce buffer underruns/glitches.

There are several possible service types to use for IPTV streams (assuming one has added appropriate plugin) as taken from this thread:

Code:
    Pull request here.

Thanks
    I've tested this and it seems to be great.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post

Code:
    Pull request here.

Thanks

Hi, I have been following this and your other post about streams. It have been really useful. I have managed to replace channels with streams and would like to be able to add streams in to other empty slots but have been able to do that. Also you latest comment about a small buffer is great and it looks like it has worked. Can i please see your custom mix or the hacks section. Many thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carlowen View Post
    Hi, I have been following this and your other post about streams. It have been really useful. I have managed to replace channels with streams and would like to be able to add streams in to other empty slots but have been able to do that. Also you latest comment about a small buffer is great and it looks like it has worked. Can i please see your custom mix or the hacks section. Many thanks
    Yes using the 4097 stream type instead of default 1 buffers the stream (ie gstreamer does it rather than box). I've not had an issue yet using this method. Just waiting on powers-to-be to consider including it in ABM to compliment the existing work done on streams.

All I choose "custom" area I require, remove the section of code from provider file that normally removes the dark channels so they would then show but albeit dark.

I then just use custommix file, with something like in it:
    Code:
    <custommix>
    	<streams>
    		<!-- Swap channels that are no longer working with IPTV streams -->
    		<stream url="http:websiteaddress.com:port/live/usersemailaddres@com/password/336.ts" target="106" />
    	</streams>
    This effectively just replaces the dark sky one channel with an IPTV stream (and using the code changes above, the IPTV stream is buffered reducing glitches, etc).

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Personally I think if this is to be added it needs to be on a stream by stream basis, not a single type from a config setting. Also I am reluctant to add a config setting at all for IPTV. IPTV is part of Custom and nothing in Custom is driven from config settings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Personally I think if this is to be added it needs to be on a stream by stream basis, not a single type from a config setting. Also I am reluctant to add a config setting at all for IPTV. IPTV is part of Custom and nothing in Custom is driven from config settings.
    Fair enough and it makes sense. I'll see if I can code this so it reads service type when it reads the IPTV streams you coded into ABM.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've had a look and I believe I've got it to read service types (ie 4097) from custommix file via adding appropriate code here.

However, I'm stuck on how to mention this in def bouquetservicesline.

There surely has to be away but I don't know much about ABM I'm afraid.

I'll just keeping hard-coding the 4097 with iptv streams instead.

Thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast