Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Os mini with Openvix constantly uploading

Title
    Thanks

Question Os mini with Openvix constantly uploading

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I started getting a constant upload which I have eventually pinned down to coming from my osmini. Switching the box off using the remote does not stop it, however if I switch the box off using the power switch on the back of the osmini the upload stops immediately. I am monitoring the router using a windows 10 pc and a program called Networx . I have several other monitoring programs on the pc, including Glasswire and am certain that the upload is not coming from the pc. The fact that turning the osmini off stops the upload seems to confirm this.

This is driving me crazy and would appreciate any ideas or advice anyone can offer. I use satellite broadband with quite severe usage limits. I can only use about 4.5 gig of uploads in a month, with this problem I used 9 gig in one day which of course shut me down for the rest of the month. Prior to this problem starting I was averaging between 2 and 3 gig a month upload usage.

I did recently install the openvix 5.1 update in the hope that it might help but no change. Prior to this I was staying up to date with updates.

As a temporary workaround I have enabled QOS on my router and severely limited the upload to 64k but it still continues to upload, albeit at a lower rate all the time that the osmini is connected. Without this limit in place the upload rate is around a constant 1meg. Unfortunately doing this makes my satellite broadband almost useless.

I am not aware of any changes I might have made prior to this happening, I have one none standard plugin installed which sorts programs into folders (movie organiser v2. 10), anything else is from the available plugins offered by the box.

I have removed all the plugins I have installed, I did suspect plex was maybe an issue and totally removed it from all my devices but still no luck identifying the upload culprit.

I apologise for the length of this messge but have tried to give you as complete a picture as possible.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated because the only real option I have is to stop using the osmini. I am disabled and mostly bedbound these days, I live in a rural location with no terrestrial TV or decent broadband available so I really count on my satellite box.

I have listed my installed plugins below :

AutoBouquets E2
    Crossepg downloader
    DLNA/uPnP browser
    Dream explorer
    EPG importer
    IPTV Player
    Media Scanner
    Movie organisor
    OpenWebif
    Picture player

This is all that is shown in the plugins list. I have also installed some skins and have tried and then removed some other plugins, including Facebook, dreamplex and Gmail.

Thanks for reading this, hopefully someone smarter than me has some ideas. I am not a Linux expert but have worked with PCs for a lot of years and have some chance of understanding any ideas offered,
    I have also now changed the router but no improvement. I bought this box in August and up until recently had no problems

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you got mgcamd installed
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Has your router got port forwarding switched on?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I have got mgcamd installed , but it has been installed ever since I got the box. Uploading has always been quite small until this problem started, never more than 3 Gb in a month and that's including normal use as well. The uploading also continues if I switch to an FTA channel.
    Last edited by nogard3k; 20-12-17 at 16:26. Reason: clarity of reply

Title
    Thanks
    No Port forwarding setup or switched on

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nogard3k View Post
    Yes I have, but it has been installed ever since I got the box. Uploading has always been quite small until this problem started, never more than 3 Gb in a month and that's including normal use as well. The uploading also continues if I switch to an FTA channel.
    Check your MGcamd config, my guess is you have logging enabled.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    deleted.....

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to be dense but I can't find anything about logging in the MGcamd. Do I need to locate the actual file and edit it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

nogard3k (20-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post

Thank you so much, I did have logging enabled. Now disabled, hopefully life can get back to normal now

I really appreciate the help.