Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Crashing when zapping through IPTV channels

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crashing when zapping through IPTV channels

Title
    Thanks
    I have VU+ZERO4K running latest openvix 5.1.019 and i have the same problem while zapping using the channel changer on the remote. for what i can read on this threat its an old known error but not solition just yet

Title
    Thanks
    mines doing the same i have Xtrend ET8500 was running openvix ver 5.1.016 you can flip iptv channels then crash.....so gone back to 5.0.016 as thats whats on another box to try

seems to only crash when in the bouquets as you can channel change fine in XC plugin
    Xtrend ET8000 Latest Openvix Image
    Fire TV Stick side loaded Kodi
    Xtrend ET8500 Latest Openvix Image 4.2
    Apple TV silver Openelec
    HTPC Windows 7 Kodi

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm on .18 and not yet had this fatal error. As I've said the fatal signal error, has occurred on really old versions in past even before I started using IPTV.

It does, for me anyhow, appear totally random.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I was updating my IPTV bouquets today and whilst I had a steam playing, I did an init 4 in preparation for uploading a new bouquet and I got the fatal signal crash. This leads me to believe the fatal signal is when leaving a stream rather than when going to a stream - maybe that will help someone that's smarter than me to fix the problem

Title
    Thanks
    adding more info on this threat to see if we get to the bottom of this problem. while zapping my iptv folder created by telnet using putty command the IPTV channels does not crach, this folder does not have any epg assignment, they only crash on the bouquet created by xtream editor if the EPG are present. also tested the bouquet created by xtream editor wihtout epg and it does not crach, is then when imported the epg when it crashes. SO I CAN CONFIRM THE PROBLEM IS DUE TO THE EPG assignment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The problem seems to have been fixed for me from build 25, not had a crash since then.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    The problem seems to have been fixed for me from build 25, not had a crash since then.
    It's intermittent I believe and rare at that.

I'm still on .18 and not had crash at all whether switching from/to an IPTV channel on a IPTV bouquet or not. I've had this happen previously on normal DVB channels.

It's hard to re-produce reliably which makes it all that harder to actually get to the bottom of it.

Title
    Thanks
    ok i have the solution for me using openvix on vu+zero 4k, the problem happens only while using DVB (1) with EPG. i had to change the stream type. i used the system plugging SERVICEAPP and im using exteplayer3 and all IPTV stream works fine and while changing channel it does not crash. hope this can help anybody having the same issue.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use Gstreamer, type 4097, rather than 5001/5002 (as used by ServiceApp/Exteplayer3).

Last time I looked into 5001/5002, I'm sure I couldn't record (not even manual record) these streams but was fine on 4097.

Using type 1 for IPTV, for most I assume, means a lot of glitching as other service types are more suited for IPTV and other streams.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for this advise bbbuk, on my serviceapp gstreamer is not install only exteplayer, do you know how to add gstreamer to serviceapp?? any help will be much appresiated!!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I use Gstreamer, type 4097, rather than 5001/5002 (as used by ServiceApp/Exteplayer3).

Last time I looked into 5001/5002, I'm sure I couldn't record (not even manual record) these streams but was fine on 4097.

Using type 1 for IPTV, for most I assume, means a lot of glitching as other service types are more suited for IPTV and other streams.
    is weird that while using DVB 1 all channels work fine while using iptv 4097 there are some channels that image looks in slow motion and some other channels the sounds is not sync with the image!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yortiz1979 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-05-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yortiz1979 View Post
    Thanks for this advise bbbuk, on my serviceapp gstreamer is not install only exteplayer, do you know how to add gstreamer to serviceapp?? any help will be much appresiated!!
    gstreamer is in each image - well it's in main oe-a images. It's what is used when using 4097 service type.

1 = using box SoC (chip). Generally used for DVB as most of time can't cope with glitches, etc in IPTV streams.
    4097 = Gstreamer
    5001/5002 = ServiceApp (Exteplayer3, etc)

Thanks to @Abu for above info
    Last edited by bbbuk; 28-05-18 at 21:31.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    gstreamer is in each image - well it's in main oe-a images. It's what is used when using 4097 service type.

1 = using box SoC (chip). Generally used for DVB as most of time can't cope with glitches, etc in IPTV streams.
    4097 = Gstreamer
    5001/5002 = ServiceApp (Exteplayer3, etc)

Thanks to @Abu for above info
    Thank for your advice on this.

i managed to install gstreamer through iptvplayer, however using 4097 and gstreamer on serviceapp most channels works really slow like in slow motion. so far using 4097 and extrplayer3 workd fine just cople of channels workd weird. if i use dvb 1 with original enigma2 player works the best however this is what cause the crash while changing channels on iptv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123