Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Channel list encrypted symbol source

Title
    Thanks

Question Channel list encrypted symbol source

I'm watching a few encrypted channels with the CI+ module and they all work just fine. Recently our network operator has released some of the channels to be FTA. I also use the encrypted symbol on the channel list and it's very useful. Still, this one channel shows the symbol even though the channel seems to be FTA now (tested to zap to an encrypted channel and select PIP with the other one), should only be able to watch one at a time.

I've tried to rescan the bouquet in question but nothing, still showing the symbol. Where does OpenVIX store the information whether a channel is FTA or encrypted? I'm trying to find out whether I should go to the operator about this or would it be something I can do in the VIX.

I don't really want to reset/reflash for this but if nothing else helps then...

Almost everything else works very well, except infobar EPG which does not update as often as channel list EPG. LCD4linux uses the infobar EPG so basically when the channel list shows that a programme has started infobar EPG (and the LCD screen) still shows the previous programme. Takes about 2-3 minutes for the infobar EPG to update. Weird. I only use EIT EPG.
    VU+ Duo 4k + 1 x FBC DVB-C :: OpenVIX 6.2.001 (main) // VU+ Duo2 + 1 x Dual DVB-C :: OpenVIX 5.1.024 (spare)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Stored in lamedb. But anyway if channel is marked as encrypted in SI tables clearing the attribute in lamedb is not going to help.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    What is SI table? If it's in lamedb then a full channel rescan should help?
    VU+ Duo 4k + 1 x FBC DVB-C :: OpenVIX 6.2.001 (main) // VU+ Duo2 + 1 x Dual DVB-C :: OpenVIX 5.1.024 (spare)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    SI = Service Information. It is part of the DVB transport stream. If a channel is marked as encrypted on the transport stream, changing things in lamedb is not going to help. Nor is doing another scan.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    OK so, any way to see what the SI table says about the channel? If the flag is there I can complain about it to the service provider.

I have tried to rescan the bucket in question but no change. It is worth to rescan everything and delete the channels before doing that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Yes, contact the satellite broadcaster.

Until they fix it, you are wasting your time trying different scan options. Your scan will only find what is being broadcast.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tips. I completely deleted lamedb and did a full rescan. Looks good, the encrypted icon has gone for now.