Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some guidance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 798 Posts
    So should have said this a while ago ..... setup logs (in menu/setup/) to record to usb or hdd (not flash).
    Enable debug logs.
    Assuming there is no crash log?, then when it „freezes“. Use putty to log in (ip address, root) enter init 4, wait 20 secs and then init 6 to restart.
    Post the log here (debug or crash) ... you can ftp the log to your PC from the usb or hdd.
    Gigablue Quad 4K,
    ..........Unicable FBC Tuners:
    .................. A, C-E, G-H -> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 1.5M (28.2E)
    .................. B,F -> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch 80cm(19.2E)
    Mut@nt HD51 DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X tuners using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Xtrend ET7500 (C/S) into Giga 4K.

Giga 4K & HD51 run modified latest ViX (HD51/Giga4k with integrated multiboot support)
    ET7500 runs latest ViX

Thanks
    Thanks TWOL.

I've had some success on 5.0.032. Woke this mornign and box turned on with no problems. Same set up as 5.1.002. If the wife has no problems today, I would say that issue is localised to that version for me at least.

Will give the above a shot on the other box with 5.1 that shows the problem over the weekend (I don't have to return it for 30 days).

comfortable with putty and ftp...but init 4 and init 6? these are init.d boot up scripts right?

what is the command to run them?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    Thanks TWOL.

I've had some success on 5.0.032. Woke this mornign and box turned on with no problems. Same set up as 5.1.002. If the wife has no problems today, I would say that issue is localised to that version for me at least.

Will give the above a shot on the other box with 5.1 that shows the problem over the weekend (I don't have to return it for 30 days).

comfortable with putty and ftp...but init 4 and init 6? these are init.d boot up scripts right?

what is the command to run them?
    login to root with putty.
    then just type in init 4 (enter) and then init 6 (enter)
    init 4 stops all activities on the box (hence wait a few seconds for that to happen) and init 6 reboots the box
    Gigablue Quad 4K,
    ..........Unicable FBC Tuners:
    .................. A, C-E, G-H -> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 1.5M (28.2E)
    .................. B,F -> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch 80cm(19.2E)
    Mut@nt HD51 DVB-S2 & DVB-S2X tuners using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Xtrend ET7500 (C/S) into Giga 4K.

Giga 4K & HD51 run modified latest ViX (HD51/Giga4k with integrated multiboot support)
    ET7500 runs latest ViX

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    I've set to 1080p and set refresh to 50 rather than multi. For no reason but a guess.

Also rolled back to 5.0.032.
    You've changed a few things, any one of which may have improved things.

Thanks
    Ha. I thought that last night. So I actually put it back to 2160p and multi.

Thanks
    No complaints from the wife. So we might have zerod in on a setup triggering this problem.

I might use the other box in parallel with a cable into each to troubleshoot whilst maintaining peace in the house!

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    I'm surprised to see on another thread that you have already returned both boxes.

Thanks
    Yup. Late last night the box failed in the same way. Turned on and remote and front button remained unresponsive.

:-(

Not sent, but will be returned tomorrow to the rain forest. Plenty on there as returned at cheap prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12