Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Custom LCN vs. Favourities

Title
    Thanks

Custom LCN vs. Favourities

Hi All,

I have just moved from using the AutoBouquet28.2 plugin to now the AutoBouquetMaker for Sky FTA channels...all is going great but now I want to customise my channel list and just wanted some clarification and advice to make sure I am thinking about this correctly.

I have 2 objectives and these are
    1) Reorder the channels in the Entertainment Section so that they are listed in a logical order e.g. all '+1' channels are together and Dave is moved up the channel order.
    2) There are some News channels in other bouquets so was planning on changing these so they sit under the correct section.

So my first thought was to use a Custom LCN file to move the channels around [lots of channel moves] but then when I came to look at the News section the section numbers are not big enough for the amount of channels so I was going to change the Provider XML file to extend the numbering range but I read somewhere that changing the Provider file is not a good idea......

Am I best starting a Favourites XML file to cover the channel moves and the custom sections and section numbers just for the channels I want? If I go down the Favourites route do I need to change any AutoBouquestMaker configuration settings?

Any advice/help you can offer would be great.

Jason

Box: ET8000
    Image: 5.1.002
    Sat feed: 28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If you only want your bouquets, disable all the "creates".

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you only want your bouquets, disable all the "creates".
    So your advice is to go down the Favourites file route...thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I have set up a new Bouquet that I have called Kodi - it basically has all my favorite channels in it which are streamed to kodi boxes around the house. All I did to create this was to add a new bouquet then copy and paste channels to it in Dreamboxedit.

All works fine for me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

jbeer (29-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    When I re-assessed the channels I found that the main changes I wanted were to the main Entertainment Bouquet so I switched off the HD Channel swap and just re-arranged the channels to the order I wanted them and hid the bouquets I didn't want to see but there are still a few channels in the Entertainment bouquet that I done want listed so will look at creating a custom Favourites bouquet in the future but I'm good for now.

@JonMMM your new Bouquet is that a custom Favourites one?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    He is suggesting you do not use ABM to make the bouquets.

Be aware, manual changes to ABM's bouquets will be lost next time ABM runs.

Title
    Thanks
    I have sorted my channel list using the Custom LCN file and the channels all remain in place