Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: DVB subtitle component crashes the box - how to remove it?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: DVB subtitle component crashes the box - how to remove it?

Title
    Thanks

DVB subtitle component crashes the box - how to remove it?

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with the subtitles component on my box. The crash screen dumps indicate that the DVB subtitles component is crashing the box quite frequently. When I use the non-DVB subtitles, the box doesn't crash. Crashes can happen anytime from within a few seconds to an hour of switching to a channel and the DVB subbies is automatically selected - unless I remember to toggle the subbies to the teletext version.

I need the subtitles on. I think I've toggled the relevant settings to not use the DVB subtitles, but the box is still switching over to the DVB subtitles, when I've indicated it is not the preferred option. I've even tried the option to remember by channel - but it doesn't remember which preferred subtitles option I've chosen.

Is there a way to remove/disable the DVB subtitle component and just have the teletext subtitle component? (I actually prefer the teletext version).

NB: Crash files are available - I can upload them if needed.

Title
    Thanks
    I think I may have managed to reduce the incidents of box crashing - changed the refresh rate to multi.

Menu > Setup > Audio & video > Settings > Refresh rate = multi (was either 50Hz or 60Hz).

Title
    Thanks
    What does it look like when the box crashes?

Mine seems to carry on playing a feed, but doesn't respond to remote imput, nor does the front button work, until I've power cycled the unit.

Title
    Thanks
    If the subtitles crashes the box, there's lines of code indicating a fault with something.

Title
    Thanks
    Resolved the issue by installing a fresh copy of OpenVIX and having no previous configurations restored/imported.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zbluebirdz For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (26-12-17)